cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How does price related fields in the customer master data like PRICE LIST ,PRICE GR and TAX CLASSIICATION determine price.As far as i know it is sales doc typecust pricig procdoc pricig proc which determines price.so based on the cust master data how is it possible to carry out automatic pricing??

will surely reward pts....

regds

rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rahul,

Pricing group : say for ex : In business , Delhi customer will have 10% discount on the particular product , if this is the case then , maintain the prcing group in customer master , ex : 01 ( say around 10 customers who are in delhi ) . Second thing , go to VK11 and mainatain the discount related condition against the pricing group . Now all 10 customers will have 10% discount .

Pricing list : This is the combination of material and quantity . We can create price list for frequently sold materials with the combination of material and quantity . Trxn : O3I1

Tax classfication : Based on this, we can decide the tax code maintainance through VK11 . say for ex : materia tax classification is 1 and customer tax classfication is 1 and in VK11 ,tax code is maintained against this combination .

The above all 3 can be changed while order creation in header level .

These are no relevent to pricing procedure detemination .

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Automatic pricing proc is determined based on sales areacustomer pricing procdoc pricing proc.

The customer pricing procedure is maintained in the customer master, so u can tell that pricing is determined or is one of the criteria for automatic pricing.

tax classification, price group and price list are mere options you have to create condition records.

These fields give you additional options for differentiation during pricing.

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

let me explain step by step.

1. first step you will create a condition table , where you select the field from the available field in the field catalog.

please see that the fields are available like PRICE LIST ,PRICE GR . for tax classification you should have to assign the tax condition type to the master record.

2. you need to set the access sequence ie from specific to generic.

3. create a conditon record where you will find the key combination . select one field combination .and enter the conditon records

thanks

Kuntla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rahul

Price procedure will be determined based on the combination of sales area, Document Pricing Procedure (from VOV8) & Customer Pricing Procedure (from XD03).

Price for a particular material will be determined based on the combination what you maintain in VK11. This is again will differ based on the access sequence for the pricing condition type what is maintained in V/07.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes! As far my knowledge, you are correct pricing procedure is determined by the combination of Sales areacust pri.pcrodoc pric proc.. The fields you mentioned are helpful for creating the pricing records for a particular condition type.

When creating the condition tables you insert these required fields in the table and maintain the records for that in VK11..

Means you have a group of customers say Cust. grp "X"/ Pricing grp "Y" etc.. you can maintain the pricing records based on these fields/key combination

Regards

Harsh

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Pricing procedure will be determined

Sales areacust pricig proc (from customer master sales area data -->Sales tab field Cust.pric.proc. )doc pricig proc

In VK11 you can maintain the condition record with one of the key combination field as Customer.

Based on this price will determin automatically

TAX CLASSIICATION will determin the tax value for the Tax condition type which avail in the pricing procedure.

Whether that customer aplicable to or not this will deside.

PRICE LIST ,PRICE GR you can use these as in the key combination field to maintain the price condition records.

You can differentiate the price value based on these(i.e Price list or Price group) selection while maintaining the condition

record.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

all ur answers hv been veryuseful but still i ve a doubt .

if we ve maintain price group and price list in customer master but in VK11 if we choose key combination as CUST/MATERIAL then it makes no sense of defining the price gr and price list as then in vk11 screen there is no mention about those 2 fields.Am i right??so my question is if we want to use those fields ie price gr and price list we must choose some diff key combination..

regds,

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are absolutely right, if you are not maintaining condition records for price grp or price list, it doesnt make any sense in CMR. hence if u want to use price group or price list, u should maintain a define a condition table for it and use it in pricing.

anand