cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quantity tracking of dealers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the company gets an order from the C&F who gets orders from say 10 dealers.The C&F's order is a combination of those dealers.The company creates a sales order in the name of the C&F.

Now is it possible to track the productwise quantity which the 10 dealers had given to the C&F in sap?

Require solution at the earliest

Thanks in advance

ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ajay

Consignment Fillup process will answer your question where you create the dealers as sold to party and C&F agent as ship to party. By doing so, you can track stock details dealer wise.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmipathi for ur answer..but i dont craete sales order for the dealers..so how will it work......still hv doubts in my mind..can u expalin in brief

Thanks

ajay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ajay

If you dont know the end customer details, consignment fillup process wont work. Otherwise, this is the best method. You can treat the dealers as sold to party and C&F as ship to party.

Alternatively, if the above is not possible, then couple of questions needs to be answered. They are

- Is the same material going to multiple dealers

- If so, will the C&F agent give material wise identification as to which dealer has ordered

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmipathi.

All materails go to all the dealers and the C&F does not maintain different codes for the materials....so wat next best solution can we have in this case

ajay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ajay

Is it possible that the C&F agent will provide those dealers list ?? If this is not possible, then I dont think, there is a way to address your issue.

To my mind, the available option is that you create different deliveries based on dealers and raise one invoice on C&F agent but as I said earlier, this is possible only if you create those dealers also as a customer. Based on deliveries, you can track what material and how much quantity is despatched.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks lakshmipathi again.

The if the C&F is ready to give the dealer wise slipt in the sales order quantity,then wat wud be the solution.

And if as u said if i create the dealers as the customers,then i have to raise an so on the C&F only and how to slipt it dealerwise delvery and again combine these deliveries in one invoice in the name of the C&F

I think ur close to what i have in mind....but Can u explain it please?

Ajay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

If the C&F agent provides the break up details of order dealerwise, you can process via consignment fillup. Steps are

- Create dealers as Sold To Party and C&F Agent as Ship To Party and Payer

- Assign this Payer code to all Sold To Party (dealers) code

- Create KB Fillup order on dealers with ship to party as C&F Agent and ensure that he is also the payer

- Create Fillup delivery (with movement type 631) and F8 Proforma so that the stock from Unrestricted will be transferred to Customer Consignment in MMBE and you can see the breakup of stocks at any given point of time

- Whatever the quantity is taken by the dealers, create Issue Order (order type KE), Issue Delivery (with movement type 633) and commercial invoice

Here in the above case, as per your requirement, though you are generating different deliveries, you can consolidate those deliveries into one invoice since Payer is same.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

If the dealers are more and the client doesnt want to do the consignment fill up order,then wat is the other alternative solution and the dealer list may go to 200 or so....so punching 200 sales order?

any suggestions again

ajay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

If you want to track stock / despatch details dealer wise, to my knowledge, the only option is consignment fillup. However, if your client is not willing to go for that, then you have to configure normal sales process in which case, sale order, delivery and billing on C&F agent. Here dealer wise tracking is not possible.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when entering SO, split the main qty. into several line items as per each dealer qty. then in the line item partner function, maintain the name of the dealer as a Z partner. so you can know that which dealer has ordered how much whereas your Sold-to is still the C&F

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi biswas

Thanks for the reply..but dont u think that the assignment of dealer name in each line item will be too complicated....thats wat i understand from ur answer.Can u plz explain.

Is there any other solution...since the so will have 25line item and say 10 dealers giviing order for 25 prdts each.....must be complicated

any suggestion

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ajay...it is cumbersome to add the partners in all the line items. but then i guess we need to have a Z table only where we can capture this info.