cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BASIS SP 12 & 13 - Cannot logon using GUI after .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing SAP XI 3.0 and as part of that I have installed the ABAP and Java WAS. I am applying SPs for the ABAP stack and I successfully applied the BASIS SPs 10 and 11(applied seperately). I was applying the SPs 12 and 13(together) and after running for some time the system crashed and I restarted the O/S and SAP to see that the SPs didn't go thru. Now when I try to log on using SAP GUI, it says "ABAP Runtime ERROR Error Code" which is blank and at the Bottom there is this message "Syntax Error in program SAPLSFES". I don't see the uid/pwd screen, where as I am able to connect to the Java system using the browser.

Any Clue ?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update ur SPAM patch lavel and try it. i think it will work. also check the kernal lavel and Dtabase Patch lavel too.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answere is right here friends

Hi All,

I was applying support package SAPKB0014 in ECC6 on AS/400 operating system , I too had faced similar problem "syntax error in program SAPLSAPS on clicking that the error on status bar it recomplie again and then same error" unable to login through SAP logon.

I checked from operating system level I found that the Job is still running in background so I waited more than 10400 sec than automatically I was able to login I reconfirmed it in SM37.

so dont panic just wait till Job is completed.

Caution!! Meanwhile do not do anything that might effect the running job do not cancel or shutdown or restart process. It will work !!

Hope you read this before doing anything

Thanks

Surojeet Dey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answere is write here my friends

I was applying support package number SAPKB70014 on DEV with ECC6 on AS/400 platform and I too got the same error message "systax error in program SAPLSAPS " nothing was comming no logon screen just like other guys and then I checked from OS level that our package was still running on so I waited till it ended then I tried to login and no problem at all I have checked background Jobs it was completed.

so dont panic and wait till the job is completed and then try it sure works !! trust me

caution do not approcah for any other option that can affect the Job running on R/3 like cancel or stopping the server Just Wait.

Thanks

Surojeet Dey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Don't be panic at all. We also faced the same problem while applying BASIS and ABAP Patch 13 and 14.

But please - please and please dont restart SAP or operating system at all - wait for some time depending upon the system speed because Import 1 is still going on at the background and after some time it will enable you to log on to system and yes this time its still not finished and system is hanged at Import 2 phase.

You need to re-run and let the system automatically finished Import 2 and wow it got complete. So confirm and enjoy.

Thanks and regards.

Gajendra Kr. Khera

bold[Direction Is More Important Than Speed]bold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided on this thread.I was able to SOLVE the problem faced.

I faced a similiar problem when applying SAPKB70014 and SAPKB70015 (BASIS).

The import stopped at Patch level 14 and we had the same error in login screen : Error in SAPLSFES.

We first checked the contents of table TRJOB and TRBAT at OS level by logging into the database. Both tables did not have any entries.

the ULOG log file in /usr/sap/trans indicated the point where the import had failed.

We then ran the

tp showbuffer ER1 pf='/usr/sap/trans/TP_DOMAIN_SYSID.PFL' and checked for any running tp and R3trans processes.In our case , both jobs were not running.

A check in dpmon did not reveal any kind of background job activity.

After this we manually ran the tp command

tp r3i SAPKB70014 <SYS-ID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/<TP_DOMAIN_SYSID.PFL

-Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam

This was completed without errors.

We then tried login into SAPGUI. Again , we had the same error with SAPLSFES.

We then did a showbuffer using

tp showbuffer ER1 pf=/usr/sap/trans/TP_DOMAIN_SYSID.PFL and it showed that only SAPKB700015 was left to be imported.

We again manually ran tp r3i for patch 15 as well.

This step took some time (have some patience !!) , and after that the import was successfully finished with error level 4.

We then tried login into SAPGUI and it worked for us.

Hope this information helped.

- Mahesh

Edited by: mahesh chedde on Jun 7, 2008 2:13 PM

Edited by: mahesh chedde on Jun 7, 2008 2:14 PM

robert_kapron
0 Kudos

Unfortunately i restarted the system and was really scared I would have to go for DB restore. Re-importing the first not imported Basis SP helped.

tp r3i SAPKB64022 SID pf=TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam

Thanks,

Robert

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello mallik,

What GUI Patch level are you using ? Also ensure that you are running latest kernel and SPAM/SAINT patch levels.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAPGUI 710 patchset 6 (the latest) and we'd only just upgraded to the latest kernel 700 patch prior to importing the BASIS SP. We were on the latest patch levels throughout.

BTW. this error occurred importing BASIS SP14 (SAPKB70014), not SP15 as I accidentally wrote in a previous messgae.

Regards,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arwel,

Today, I have the same problem. What was the solution?

I need your help because I have the same problem, and certainly has the same solution .

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If restarting the system does not help and it is a syntax error that stops RFC as well as GUI logon. Apart from trying webgui if activated things sound slim on the ground.

You can always try importing an older version of the program just to get started but personally a restore sounds good as a regenerate is unlikely to help this.

A regenerate could be done by deleting the programs from the load table. It used to be D010L but lordy knows now... anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

I found out afterwards that this is a known (intermittent) bug when importing BASIS 7.00 SPs, however SAP do not know the cause of the problem and there is no fix currently. Neither is it documented anywherr. It seems as if it's simply 'pot-luck' whether or not you hit the problem.

I recommend you raise an urgent call with SAP Support because they can sometimes resolve the problem by manually re-importing the SP (using tp tools). I would suggest that you do NOT stop/start the system in the meantime because we did this and were then unable to manually re-import the SP because of an RDDIMPDP error. This left us with no alternative but to restore the system.

I'll repeat that - raise a call with SAP Support and do NOT touch the system in the meantime! Make yourself a pain with SAP to ensure that they respond quickly!!

Let me know how you get on because I have other BASIS 7.00 systems that need patching, but I am delaying matters until I know this issue is resolved.

Best,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response!

At present I have opened a message with SAP, I am waiting for answers, but are slow to respond.

If we do not get answers, calls to SAP Support.

Thanks for the advice!

Regards.

Carolina Marqués.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is horrible. I am facing the same error message ' Syntax error in SAPLSFES' patching Solution Manager 4.0 SP15.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Thanks for the solution this helped me a lot

regards,

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also run into this problem (Syntax error in program SAPLSFES) after applying BASIS (7.00) SP15 crashed. I cannot log into the system now to investigate the problem. I'm sure that I need to re-generate SAPLSFES, but do not know how to do this without logging into the system. Does anyone know how to do this remotely?

Thanks,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced a similar problem recently while applying Support Packs( SAPKB70011,12,13) for ECC 6.0.

I resolved it by running the Support Packs at OS level with tp tool.

check the ALOG in buffer directory for possible command which SPAM was try to run and failed

and re-run it manually.

My system is up and running fine now , but with "Error Status" in SPAM.

Trying to rectify it now.

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for your advice - it sounded like the correct answer!

I tried to manually import the SP using the (tp import) command from the ULOG log and it started running fine. However after a few minutes the request seemed to hang with an import warning message. I checked the transport log for the request to find that the problem was down to RDDIMPDP not running. I ran tp checkimpdp to verify this, but that told me that RDDIMPDP WAS running. I therefore checked (from sqlplus) everything else that I knew could affect transports (DDIC user locked, number of BTC processes, entries in TRBAT, etc..) but all seemed fine, which left me no nearer an answer as to why the transport was hanging because of RDDIMPDP. As a final attempt, I ran sapevt.exe SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP to try to force RDDIMPDP and although this did not return an error, it made no difference to the SP import.

This issue was raised as a high priority SAP support call last Friday and I have yet to receive a response, despite escalating the call. I have two expensive consultants sat around doing nothing, so I have had to resort to a system restore to ensure the project doesn't lose anymore time. I'm sad that I had to do this, but project deadlines left me with no option.

I would still like to know whether anyone else who has received this problem has managed to solve it without having to restore or manually re-import the SP.

Kind regards,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arwel,

I've got the same problem: The RDDIMPDP does not start. Did you hear anything new from SAP concerning your call?

The SLOG tells me:

WARNING: Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally.

Please check that the R/3 system is running.

Please check the system. Use transactions SM21, SM37, SM50.

Thank you,

julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julian,

Check you usr/sap/trans directory for presence of "lock" files. RDDIMPDP will not re-start if it finds such a "lock" file because it assumes it is already running. If you delete/rename the "lock" file, you should be able to restart RDDIMPDP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

The latest news I have on this problem is that it may be caused by user activity continuing whilst a BASIS SP is being imported. I'll certainly ensure that no user activity is allowed the next time I import a BASIS SP, which is good practice anyway.

However, if you can't guarantee no user activity, try the following:

1. Always use the latest versions of tp and R3trans (you'll be doing this anyway!).

2a. The next version of SPAM/SAINT will activate a new R3trans feature which changes how commits are processed during import.

2b. Alternatively, I believe you can already activate the feature with parameter 'watchparallelprocesses=1' in the global tp profile.

I hope this helps,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i got this eror " syntax error in program SAPLSFES" while i was applying nw04s support pack stack 14.

I waited for some time and retired and every thing went fine.

Thanks

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once i encountered the same situation while applying support patches for ECC 5.0..even i cannt login thru RFC..What i did was, i restored the recent backup after fighting with system to resolve this issue..

Kind Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marty:

Do you have a current backup?

As a workaround you can try to logon doing a remote logon from other SAP system in order to see if the program with the syntax error is bypassed.

Create an RFC connection with logon screen or provide a valid user ID and Password and try to logon.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Me too strugling in same problem,I tried to login through RFC..but is not allowed to enter...can any one give me the solution...

Kind rergards,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though Visual Administrator is also not connecting..

<b>Its shows end of stream reached unexpectedly during input from socket</b>

And we are using AS400 os..

rgds,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clue i have the same problem too ..

2004s on AIX

Vara