cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of material to different GL Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 3 types of projects and my client wants that One type of Project Materials should be issues to 1 GL ,other type of project material issued to other GL and 3rd type of project materials to 3rd GL,How we can achieve this.Also they want to track revenues by 3 different Rev elements.

Please advice.

Muzamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can create project specific GL acoounts/Cost elements and these can be linked using the valuation class settings in material master. check with ur CO and MM consultants.

Why does the cleint require project specific revenue elements as the standard PS reports provide all the reporting requirements of most clients. recheck with them

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

Can you share your contact no ?

How the system knows that at the time of goods issue it will hit the correct GL?

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

You asked about the valuation class in Material Master but i have the material which are used in all types of projects e.g Material A will be used in Project type 1,type 2 ,type 3 so how we achive this.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all it is not standard SAP solution to create project specific GL accounts. Beacuse in any customers legacy system, they cannot identify the cost at the project without creating a GL acoount. Thats y they assume the same in SAP also. But in SAP there are number of cost objects availbale at which u can find out the cost reports. Try to persuade in this terms with the customer.

But if the business requirement is really necessary, then at the time of rasing a PR the requisitioner knows exactly for which project he is purcahsing the material or at the time of goods issue its known to which project it is going to be consumed, then the Purchase requisitioner or Godds Issuer has to manually select the project specific GL acoount.

Regards

Murali