cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How BOPF is linked with Web Dynpro ABAP.

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was assigned to a project as a web dynpro ABAP consultant. The project deals with the transport management, SAP TM. In that i came across a new framework BOPF(business object process framework). please help me in knowing how there is a link between BOPF and Web Dynpro ABAP. Please help me the same.

thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Selvakumar M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

> I was assigned to a project as a web dynpro ABAP consultant. The project deals with the transport management, SAP TM. In that i came across a new framework BOPF(business object process framework). please help me in knowing how there is a link between BOPF and Web Dynpro ABAP. Please help me the same.

>

> thanks in advance.

>

> Thanks & Regards,

> Selvakumar M.

I've never heard of BOPF and from the roar of silence in response to your posting I'm guessing I'm not alone. I did a search and Google and it returned no hits. I couldn't find anything in SDN or help.sap.com either. I couldn't find anything in SAP's internal searches or WIKIs either. Can you give us any more details on what BOPF? Is it even delivered by SAP or is this something a partner has delivered?

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I guess this BOPF is new framework SAP uses. They use it in Transport Management Module applications and I have heard from people working in SAP Labs Bangalore that they use this Business Object frame work in AP(Application Platform) team.

They use these business objects in creating applns using VC and many things like this. It seems some API or ESA is behind this Business Objects.

If needed I can mail you the screen shots to your email. Please give your email.

regards,

Selvakumar

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can send the screen shots if you want. My address is in my SDN Business Card. But I think I know what you are talking about now - although the name I'm familiar with is BOB (Business Object Builder). If so this is an AP specific tool (a layer above NetWeaver) and is not released for usage outside of SAP. If you have some sort of requirement to use it as part of an internal SAP project, then you would need to get information via the internal SAP channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Yes. BOPF is the Application Specific Framework that is used in Transportation Management.

I am working on SAP TM. Can any one send me the Information regarding the same.

Thank you,

Siva Galem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for BOPF - Busienss Object processing framework.

It forms the backbone for Appication platform on which SAP business by design is based.

You can check it out by using the transaction /BOPF/CONF_UI in netweaver.

the business objects are modelled in ESR and then implemented using the BOPF once a proxy has been generated for them .

Regards

Vandana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just to let you know, the BOPF is also used in various parts of EWM (extended Warehouse Management) as well.

I've been working with it since the beginning of this year now, and I must say that it's a very re-usable framework to work with.

Unfortunately, I didnt work with it in a WD context.

BR,

D. Krijger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krijger,

Once you create a Business object, how do you access the interface of proxy business object from outside. Which language/service did you use to call a Business object proxy?

Also I tried running the transaction /n/BOPF/CONF_UI in the TMS system, but it says that this transaction does not exist.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In TMS System, the Transaction is /n/TMSF/CONF_UI. Try this.

This should work.

Siva.

Rewards are appreciated If the information is Helpful...

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi People,

i was the one who posted this thread. As some one said in this thread, this BOPF is a quite useful architecture, mainly concerned with the re-usability, actually WebDynpro ABAP is not the one which is alone using this. the entire SAP TM system uses this. The BOPF architecture along with WebDynpro ABAP is cool thing to work. And if somebody have some query in SAP TM or in BOPF architecture can very pour in your question, i can help as much as i know about the same.

Thanks,

selvakumar M.

mohammed_sanil
Explorer
0 Kudos

BOPF is a new framework from SAP which defines objects as Business units.The new programming principles of ESA, ESF, ESI, and AP try to allow for this. The modularization unit u201CBusiness Objectu201D was defined accordingly (node model).

ESI only regards the exterior view of a service provider; the service methods that it must provide are defined in the SPROXY interfaces. What is missing is support when implementing a service provider, that is, its interior view. Thus the service provider can be seen as a processing program that manipulates individual objects or sets of objects while ensuring certain consistency conditions with the typical tasks of an editor such as retaining data while processing and saving on the database. It is unmistakable that many implementation activities repeat themselves, not only from business object to business object but also from node to node. But if structurally the same thing is required again and again, it seems reasonable to write a common framework. The u201CBusiness Object Processing Frameworku201D (BOPF) is an approach for such a programming framework and thereby closes a gap in the platform technology.

BOPF represents each ESI node with a node but inserts additional nodes for modeling specific things (lock nodes, validation message nodes, property nodes, and status nodes). In BOPF there is concept of action, determination and validation.The actual implementation of the business logic takes place in these three functions. BOPF controls the procedure of the functions using a system of times and events.

Regards

Sanil

former_member298807
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

The the transaction is named /BOBF/CONF_UI. Take care; BOPF is written with "B" instead of "P".

Best regards

George

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mohammed,

You seem to know a lot about the BOPF. Could you tall me a starting point in SDN/SAP Help com, or white papers, how can I start using it?

cheers

simon:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Object Process Framework is a framework used to create service interface based on your Business Object structre you create at a design time.

It is no where related to WD, This framework will only create the required service interfaces which consumer can consume.

this framework is behind the creation of services for majority of BO's used in ByD ( Business By Design )

How you consume your service is based on what UI strategy you adopt.

Regards

Manas Dua

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you!

well yes I am aware of that is not realated with WD anyhow. What I would like to know where is the difference bt these BOPF Business Objects and the custom BOs i create in ESR and create services out of them.

What are the advantages of /BOBF/CONF_UI? I only found three /BOBF... transactions in the system and search them through.

There are business objects OK, there are classes with some functionality. I looked through SPROXY to find maybe the services which implement these classes, but with 0 result.

So Is there something more to thie BOBF than just the couple objects and classes? Why name this different and confuse people?

Yes I know, the generic approach and reusability and standard objects in every system, we know this SOA approach. But enything eles? Maybe there is something more to it than that?

It is nowhere explained and beeing discussed. Does this mean it is never used?

I am sorry for maybe too much questions(hope not stupid ones), but it is very foggy for me at the moment

cheers

simon:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva Kumar,

I am also working in TM module Webdynpro Applications.

As I am new to this concept I would like to know about this in detail. How to work with Business objects and how to use them in Webdynpro applications.

I have to make some enhancements to the existing Webdynpro applications like ,adding custom fields, creating pop ups ( FPM frame work)when a button is pressed and how to pass the data from pop up back to the business object? etc

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@kumar pvs

For enhancing business objects in BOPF, please refer to SAP Note 1457235 "BS_FND BOPF Enhancement Workbench Documentation".

For enhancing the UI, the "Floorplan Manager for ABAP - Developer's Guide" http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2232 should be useful.