cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving XI scenario's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to test inetgration scenario's between newly installed ECC server and old XI server. Please know that both the systems are on different servers and the SLD entries in XI correspond to the old ECC server.

Is it possible that we can send messages to the same XI from different ECC servers.

Please tell me how can i move the objects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You can delete the old SLD entries for technical system and business systems.

Then run transaction RZ70 from new ECC server. This will create a new technical system in SLD. Then you can create business systems corresponding to the clients.

If you are using any RFC destinations, you may have to test the connectivity and edit them if not working.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use... 2 clients of a SAP XI for integration...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

It is not possible. Since Java stack (IR, ID, SLD etc) is common to all clients, you can use only one ABAP client as integration server.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Riyaz...

Suppose i have got a new XI client 420 (previous : 410) and want to integrate this with a new ECC server ...then it is not possible....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can have any number of clients for XI.

But to to the intergration testing u have to create the technical system or add the client to the existing technical system, and u have to create the business system for each client.

Regards,

Phani

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two clients of same XI server cannot be configured as Integration Server. In ur case, u will have to delete the earlier entry with 410 and create a new entry with 420.

But two different XI systems can be configured as different Integration Servers in same SLD.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riyaz and Prateek...i completely agree witjh you.

but Phani can u plz make urself litlle more clear what you meant to say.

Also, is it possible to integrate 2 clients of ECC server ( lets say 110 & 120) with the same client of SAP XI.

Can you give ne doc...S?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 more queries:

1. What are the post installation steps like setting up integration server...

2. Whay cant we have 2 XI clients on a server...the logical reason...

Thanks..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible to integrate 2 clients of ECC server ( lets say 110 & 120) with the same client of SAP XI.

Yes. For an ECC server, u will have one technical system. But for each client 110 and 120, u will have different Business System. So connection would be similar as if u r integrating two different ECC systems.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You can set up any number of ECC clients to communicate with XI.

1. What are the post installation steps like setting up integration server...

You can find the post-installations guide in [SAP Service Marketplace|http://service.sap.com].

2. Whay cant we have 2 XI clients on a server...the logical reason...

As I explained previously, Java stack does not have concept of clients. Since XI needs Java as well as ABAP stack for communication, only one client out of ABAP clients can be used as an integration server.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna,

You can send messages to same XI but before that the following steps has to be completed :

1) Define the Technical and Business Systems of new ECC Server on XI SLD.

2) Complete all necessary configurations on new ECC Server to connect XI ( if Proxy then do proxy activation steps)

3)Import the New Business System in the Configuration ,

do all the configuration steps for new ECC Server.

Regards,

Prasad