cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Internal Popup Window:Error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a Internal Popup Window, but the error messages of "Popup window" is shown in the "Parent Window" instead of showing in "Popup Window". please suggest me to get the Error messages in "Internal Popup Window"

Thanks

-

Nagaraju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Disable the parent iviews message area before calling the child(popup) window. Then you can get the message in the child(popup) window.

According to documentation, oldest (parent) message area would be used if there are more than one windows (in a layout).

see this thread also

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response,I got the result using Message Area Ui element, but here i am using the default message Area, i have,nt used any "Message Area" UI element.

how can we disable the default Message Area?

I have a requirement of 4 groups and Messages should be shown at the end of respective groups. I tried giving 4 Messages Areas but not able to assign for respective groups. please help me.

Thanks

-

Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can't disable the default message area as it is only used, when there is no other message area defined. So I think you have defined a message area somewhere in your application.

But it is not possible to place four message area within one view, as only the "oldest" one will be used to display data. You can't select a special message area to print a special message (what would be nice). If you want to do this I think you have to implement a workaround like using textfields to display the messages, but I am not sure if this should work.

Hope this helps

Fabian

Answers (0)