cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balance sheet G/L account posting is not captured in the SLR budget report

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case:

While posting a schedule agreement ( which is account assigned to "project make to order"), to G/L account, the following warning message comes.

" G/L account is a balance sheet account".

Although I am able to post the scheduled agrrement to that G/L account, but my slr budget report does not capture this commitmnet cost (commitment management is active for present financial year).

Further for the cost to be captured in the budget report the G/L account should exist as cost element ( as from my observation).

I observed that , that particualr G/L account ( which is a balance sheet account) is not present as a cost element .

My CO colleagues says that it is not advisible to create cost element for a balance sheet G/L account as it may lead to mismatch in the cost flow.

Now , how can the cost be captured in the budget report for this G/L posting.

Please suggest some feasible and correct solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS ALL....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal......

As I think ...here we have to take P & L account ...becouse cost can be booked only in P & L with revenue...for that we can see commitment too..balancesheet account are direct account ....like Bank account ..........

please rewards the points if useful

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can ask ur CO consultant to create statistical cost element (for Balance sheet GL accounts) using the cost element category "90", which will not have any impact on CO reporting

Regards

Murali