Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User security presentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to give the presentation on User security to our client ,Please any one help me on which points can i proceed to give the presentation on user security.

Regards,

Reddy V

11 REPLIES 11

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I really think you should be a bit more specific about the information you're looking for.

So please let us know:

1- What is the purpose of the presentation? Is it to make the client aware of security? Is it to sell your services? Any other goal?

2- Which points have you found yourself?

3- What is your audience? Technical? Business? Financial?

0 Kudos

Hi Heeck,

1- Purpose of the presentation- To make the client aware of security regarding the authorizations, User licenses, User master records etc........

2-What is your audience- Client (Senior managers)

Please let me know your suggesion on the same.

Regards,

Reddy V

0 Kudos

> Hi Heeck,

That's my lasty name

> 1- Purpose of the presentation- To make the client aware of security regarding the authorizations, User licenses, User master records etc........

>

> 2-What is your audience- Client (Senior managers)

My second point was a different question. I asked that to find out what effort you'd already have done yourself. I'm always glad to help those who help themselves.

Apart from that, have a look at the security guides as Bernard suggested, but don't go to deep into technology, managers really do not care about user master records. They only want to know how everybody can work as efficient as possible without being able to do harm to the system.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Managers also like statistics and graphical presentations.

If you need some SDN statistics on:

- Users not searching to find security information,

- Not reading the rules and insecure user existence,

- Interview questions with insecure answers,

- Self-replicating URL links (copy&pasting),

- Spam prevention and "report abuse" functionality,

- Incident management (follow-up on urgent questions)...

... then let me know.

You could make a nice Pie-chart for them

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Pie charts and statistics sound great for presentations. how do you do that? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Ahem, well you put up this chart on the wall, and then ask the people to throw pies at it. I believe the patterns made by a splattering lemon pie on a plain white chart makes for a wonderful view.

Anyways, the presentations with pie charts often lighten the mood up when things go wrong. You can also use "pie charts" to let your frustration out at meetings. The statistics show that throwing pies at charts loosens up 58% of the people.

T00th

0 Kudos

Sameer,

Thanks for this detailed procedure.

Just one point : I would rather use apple pies instead of lemon pies !

0 Kudos

You also have to take into consideration who you invite to the presentation, or whether you were invited to present the pie-charts... otherwise, it could turn into a so called "food-fight" amongst the various steak-holders...

0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Certainly, an apple pie leaves bits on the chart which brighten up a boring presentation.

My favourite pie chart is a combination of a blueberry pie over a lemon pie on a white chart. The dark blueberry pie brings out the white of the chart and the creamish-yellow of the lemon pie beautifully.

I personally find Bar Charts much better - a Mars bar or a Snickers bar with peanuts sticks perfectly on the chart when thrown with the right speed and angle...

The "steak-holders" was a nice touch to this grave(y) question Julius

T00th

Damn, its 10 in the morning and I'm already hungry....

Edited by: Sameer Jagirdar on Jul 25, 2008 10:14 AM

0 Kudos

>

> the various steak-holders...

now thats classic

pk

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the security guides may be a good starting point...

service.sap.com/security

->security in detail->SAP security guides

there is also some stuff in the other folders (media Library).

Don't forget about the coypright...

b.rgds, Bernhard