cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Determination and Material Determination

0 Kudos

I had a couple of issues causing me confusion regarding determination...

For plant determination are there any place where determination rules are entered or is it standard, also isn't the material master at a material and plant level, so how is material master used to determine plant?

For material determination how do you find what the full table names for the condition tables, for example the condition table at a client shows 511 in IMG but is actually KOTD511 when using SE16.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The strategy that system use to determin the plants are as following way:

1)System will firstly search from Customer-material info record to see whether any specification exists.

2)Second, it checks whether a specification exists in a customer master record of the ship-to-party.

3)Third, it checks whether a specification exists in the material master record.

If nothing is found, no delivering plant is set in the sales document item.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

The strategy for plants makes sense but what confuses me is number 3, isn't material master at a material and plant level? Where would I see this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Sales View (Sales: Sales Organization Data) there is a field Delivering Plant(DWERKS).Point no. 3 refers to this only.

If Plant is not found in Cust info and Cust Master than in sales order plaant comes from Material Master -DWERKS.

cheers

shalsa007..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harvinder

Material is maintained for a Plant & Storage location.

You can see the Plant in the Material master.

T.code MM02, select "Sales: Sales org 1 data", you will find the Delivering Plant there.

System determines Plant for each Item in the Sales order based on a rule called "Priority rule".

First, it checks

1."Cutomer material Info record",if not found then it checks

2. Customer master of the Ship-to-party, if not found then it checks,

3. Material master.

This is priority rule, which is hard coded control in SAP and you can change this sequence.

If the system, do not find any Plant in the Material master also, then it can determine any Plant for the Item in the Sales order and as result you can not deliver the order without a Plant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harvinder Singh

While creating sale order for a particular material, system will see in the following sequence

- Customer Material Info Record

- Customer Master

- Material Master

If the plant is not maintained in either of the above, then you have to enter manually in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi