cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get 2 different types of SPC charts for an MIC in an inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Can any one help me out in getting 2 different types of SPC charts for a single MIC in an insp. plan. As each MIC can take only one Sampling Procedure and as SPC chart type is assigned to Sampling Procedure I am not able to get 2 different types of charts. Is it possible in SAP if so can you let me know how.

2. Can we plot SPC charts of 2 different MICs of same chart type on single graph via SAP? I tried QGC3 but was not successful.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES,

You can get two different SPC characteristics.

May be a crude method, but definite solution.

1. You create one characteristic say '0010' with control indicators suitable for SPC characteristics. Assign sampling procedure to this characteristic with chart type say '175 Shewhart chart for np/USA'

2. Now create another sampling procedure with chart type say '520 Moving Average Chart'

3. Now select characteristic line '0010' in the plan.

4. Click copy characteristic & press enter. The characteristic gets copied with same control indicators.

5. For this new characteristic '0020' set 'Calculated characteristic'

6. In formula field enter formula as A00020*1. (where A0 is Measured value for single unit.

7. Now assign the new sampling procedure to this characteristic.

8. Done... Now when you record the results for characteristic '0010', after valuating press 'EVALUATE FORMULA' button... & the same results of '0010' are copied for characteristic '0020'

Thus you have two SPC charts for same results without re-entering it.

Hope this is helpful.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice idea Hemant! While not technically two charts for one characteristic it could very well serve the purpose for many folks.

Make sure you give Hemant some points for that one!!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemanth and Craig. Your resposes helped me in getting to a conclusion. I am marking my question as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Idea Hemant,

Good Practical Solution. Fully Appreciated.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

100% No to the first question.

For second question the only thing you can do is, open those two in two different sessions.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No to both questions.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for you quick and prompt response.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here i want to ask one question. Whenever i press 'display stastical values' icon a small screen showing process capability get displayed over the contro l chart .

How can i t print this chart showing process capability details.

I tried but failed because as soon as u press process capability icon, cursor remains in processing mode .

Asd