cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric field --filter in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table in which i m displaying the data in view. I have applied filter on the table. The table has some Numeric fields, which are by default coming 0000 (depending upon the length) in the filter row. Due to these default values my filter is not working. Is there any way that i can make these filed like blank, so my filter on table can work. I know in program its not possible, as table-field1 = ' '. is not working.

Is there any property which i can set at the design time to meet the requirement?

Any suggestions..?

Thanks,

Edited by: WDAbap on Jul 23, 2008 12:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue with a date field once earlier when a filter was not working due to the defaulted zeroes.

One quick fix for this, though not the best way to do it is as follows:

If you are using a seperate context node attribute bound to the filter value (different from the actual attribute bound to the table column - I assume this attribute is numeric ) , then assign the type of that attribute as CHAR whose length is the same as the length of the numeric field. This should resolve the issue with the filtering. Alternatively you could use STRING too. I am not sure if there is a better other way to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is one way aournd to change the data type if the context is different for filters.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using this code, i am not sure whether it works for table filter

Abhi