cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Fields display error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am working on Adobe Interactive Form using ABAP Dynpro.

I have performed the following steps:

1) Created the WD component. I have included the Interactive form UI element in the view.

2) The adobe form layout is created using SFP transaction. I updated the form to ZCI layout type form using SFP_ZCI_UPDATE tcode. I have used Web Dynpro Native Drop Down Boxes in the Form.

3) I have set the templateSource property of the Interactive form UI element to the form in step 2 and embedded the view in a window and set it as default view. created a WD applicaton.

4) When i run the Web Dynpro application in the browser, the drop down boxes appear like an ordinary field without drop down facility. In addition, the drop down boxes and all other layout elements are display-only fields and are NOT interactive.

Please let me know how to rectify the same.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1.3129.1.296948 and Adobe Reader 8.1. The system is NW04s with SP13.

The ADS version is 800.20070708051308.406522

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You didnt mention anything about selecting the "enabled" property checkbox in WDA. You need to select this for Interactive forms.

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thashin,

The "enabled" property checkbox for the form UI element is checked.

Please let me know what could be the issue.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In transaction SFP make sure that your form type is ZCI. Also in WDA make sure that the displayType property for the Adobe elemlent is set to "Native".

Thanks

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thashin,

I updated the form to ZCI type from standard layout type and displayType property for the Adobe element is set to "native".

Please let me know what else could be the issue.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try this..In SFP choose the Layout tab then on the SAP menu choose "utilities->Insert Web Dynpro Script". The system displays a node "(Variables)->ContainerFoundation_JS" in the hierarchy window of the Adobe Designer and inserts the relevant scripting into the form template. Then activate your form. If you get errors while inserting this script then refer to note 1104060.

Thanks

Thashin

Edited by: Thoshin Naicker on Jul 24, 2008 8:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Place the following code in domodifyview to make your IF as Interactive... Along with this u have set the enabled property...

data:

lr_interactive_form type ref to cl_wd_interactive_form,

lr_method_handler type ref to if_wd_iactive_form_method_hndl.

check first_time = abap_true.

lr_interactive_form ?= view->get_element( 'INTERACTIVE_FORM' ).

lr_method_handler ?= lr_interactive_form->_method_handler.

lr_method_handler->set_legacy_editing_enabled( abap_true ).

Thanks

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

I added the code and set the enabled field.

When i run the application in the browser, the following error is encountered:

"Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible"

Please let me know how to rectify this.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thashin,

I have inserted the Web Dynpro Script and still the error persists.

Please let me know how to rectify the same.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you getting the "Null" error as you mentioned previously? Did you try taking out the code that you inserted?

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please tell me what version of SAPGui you are using.

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thashin,

I am using SAP GUI 710.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thashin,

I did not get the "NULL" error previously. Once I take out the code, the error does not show up.

Do we have to insert any code in any of the controller methods to make a form interactive, in addition to checking the "enabled" property and making the form ZCI layout type.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You dont need to add any code to make a form interactive. If you are using web dynrpo abap then all you need is do set the properties displayType=native and "check" the enabled checkbox of the adobe form element and the layout type of the actual form is ZCI in SFP.

Also you can create a context attribute of type xstring to bind to the property pdfSource of the adobe element but i doubt that this would affect whether it is interactive or not. Its just used to store the entire pdf file. You could try creating that context attribute and binding it to that pdfSource property. Also double check your form elements in SFP to make sure that they are not set to read-only.

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please could you check this.

In SFP goto the lifecycle designer menu item "Edit"->Form Properties. Click on the Defaults tab. Check if "Preview Type" is set to Interative Form and also check that the XDP Preview format is is to "...Dynamic PDF".

Regards

Thashin

Answers (0)