cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCO 3 - Not recognizing ABAP_DEBUG and USE_SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of converting a Java application to use JCO 3.0 in order for it to work on the Intel based Macs. The code conversion has gone well so far and I have successfully been able to connect to a SAP system using the new connection methods. In previous versions of JCO I was able to set AbapDebug to true on the Client and this would bring up the SAP GUI in debug mode when I executed a RFC. In order for this to work I had to create a script that would call the SAP GUI application. I also had to set an environment variable called SAPGUI to point to this script. The script would called the SAP GUI JAR file and pass on any parameters passed into it.

The problem I am experiencing with JCO 3 is that I cannot get this to work. The new version of the SAP GUI 7.10 R4 has changed some of the parameters to start the GUI and I have changed these in my script file. If I call the SAPGUI command with a connection string on both systems (JCO 2 and JCO3) I get the same result. The SAP GUI is displayed and is requesting logon details for the requested server. This seems to prove that my changes to the script worked. Prior to the script changes the SAP GUI would not be displayed on the JCO 3 system.

An interesting observation is that the connection properties use an enum (eg. DestinationDataProvider.JCO_ASHOST) to set the individual properties that make up the connection. This enum does not have anything related to USE_SAPGUI or ABAP_DEBUG. I am desperately hoping that this functionality hasn't been forgotten in the port to version 3.

I know this is a new connector but I am hoping that someone can shed some light on what changes I would need to make to get this to work.

Thanks,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

boris_fierlings
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

any progress with your problem? I've a similar problem. I have to call BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 to change an original of a DIS.

This won't work unless a SAPGUI is attached to the connection. With JCo 2.1.8 I set the connection property USE_SAPGUI to 1 or 2

and everything works fine. After connecting there is a SAPGUI running in background and during the BAPI call the SAPGUI starts

a saphttp.exe with managed the file transfer to the Server. In Jco 3.0 I'm missing this property, as you do. No SAPGUI, no saphttp.exe, but also

no error or exception from BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 and no filetransfer from client to server.

regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boris,

JCO 3.0 does not work with the SAP GUI. I believe SAP are making some changes to support this but we do not know when this will be available.

Regards,

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can i get the download for JCo 3.0?

Thanks and Regards,

Mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Marketplace connectors

Regards

Ayyapparaj