cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04s SAPINST Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am trying for the last two days to invoke the NW04s SAPINST but no success.

It crashes with the folowing error message.

<b>SAPINST is getting started

Please be patient.....

load resource pool D:\...\resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host localhost, port 21200 to continue with the installation.</b>

But the Sneak Preview SP11 Portal install SAPINST starts fine wothout any error in the same machine. I started the machine few times. Checked the netstat but still no success.

I use Windows Server 2003.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any security software such as firewall running? This may be blocking the port required by SAPinst...

Cheers,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

Firewall is possible within the company network but I ma not sure how to identify if the SAPINST port is blocked. Is there a way I can check if that port is blocked. I am puzzled because I am able to run the SAPINST for the latest Full Java Portal installation without any issue.

Thanks

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravazhi,

You can check used ports in <window root dir>-SYSTEM32-DRIVERS-SERVICES.

I assume that your system is on network and it has a static ip also.Put your system name and ip address in <window root dir>-SYSTEM32-DRIVERS-hosts file.It will looke like

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.1.00 <Computer name>

Temprorily disable or uninstall the firewall and any other antivirus running.Also check if your installation files are copied to local disk.Retry the installation and let us know the result.

Regards,

Sabita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to install SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0 on AIX 5.3 , ORACLE database.

SAPINST crashes without any reason , creating a core dump

during the phase of extracting Oracle Database Software !!

During the selection screens , it is not possible to skip this step.

How could I tell to sapinst to skip these step,as I can extract DB soft by myself.

Thanks for your help.

Stéphane

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Mariotti,

Check ulimits for a user you are performing installation with,

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you on unix? if so, check if your export Display is pointing to the right dest computer. And also, check if the temp directory is not full or close to full..if so, give it more space or simply delete the old InstDir logs

I hope this helps

Ronny