cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import SDA file, use and deploy to portal from NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need some help regarding working with SDA file. I have downloaded one SDA file from SAP note. I want to use it with WebDynpro program. Could some one halp me how to use the SDA file (import SDA with webDynpro program) with NetWeaver Developer Studio.

I promise to award points for the correct answer.

Thank you in advance.

Maruti CR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the comments on the same by Jochen

which SDAs you mean? The Web Dynpro runtime SDAs? AS these SDAs contain several JARs, it is not possible to import this into the DevStudio.

If you have a Web Dynpro project and you want to import it to the DevStudio you have to select the "Import single project" or "Import multiple projects".

and the thread is

for importing and deploying on portal http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/50/842240852e8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praddep, Thank you for your reply. The main reason for my question is described bellow.

We are using EP 6.0 and NWDS 2.0.15. I wrote a webDynpro program to get data from SQL server 2005 using sqljdbs.jar . This jar file is suggested by Microsoft to connect to server Server 2005. so it is running properly as expected.

But this program is failing when I am checking my code in to DTR tracks in NWDI. So I did ask for SAP support help and they suggested me to follow coding as per SAP note 773401 and advised me to use SDA file attached with the note under Sp11.zip as its suitable for EP 6.0.

So I need to know how to use imported/downloded SDA file with WebDynpro project so that I can successfully transport/deploy the WD components accross SLD. Because our portal team do not like to deploy SDA files to every system in SLD using visual admin.

So I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Maruti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can deploy the SDA file using SDM GUI. This will be available at "D:\usr\sap\<Your instance name>\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat". For me its in 'D' drive.

SDA will have an EAR file having webdynpro project which after deployment you can use at runtime.

Hope it helps.

thanks & regards,

Manoj