Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy web application tool for database access

former_member226999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a ABAP developer and not a web application developer. I want to learn to create web application using databases.

Considering I am not a web application developer; which tool in the market do you think is the best to start learning?

Which is the best shareware? Is there any graphical interface tool?

All advices would be helpfull. <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Thanks,

Franc

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Jul 22, 2008 12:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

I think when you know ABAP it would be a good idea to look into WebDynpro ABAP which is the basis of further UI developments inside SAP.

Best regards

Gregor

former_member226999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the reply,

I was wondering would it be possible to host the web application developed by web dynpro independent of the SAP software? What I mean is, say if I want to develop a small web application like adress book using a SQL database, would it be possible to develop it using the web dynpro without having to host SAP software?

Thanks,

Franc

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

unfortunately there are no cheap SAP Application Hosters. I think you should look into PHP or Ruby on Rails for such a kind of application. The Internet is full of great tutorials for that scripting languages. Just use your favorite search engine.

Best regards

Gregor

former_member226999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I tried my hands on Ruby on rails. Got stuck in mutiple file handling capability.

I tried a scenario of one to many records and did not get fruitfull results. But it was definetly impressive.

It seems I have to did deep into Ruby on rails. It sounds promising.

Thanks for all the help.

Franc

Answers (0)