cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain runtime configuration dev/prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a mapping (XSLT) which needs to fill in user and password for an external system. Actually, this XSLT creates a multipart document which needs to contain that user/pwd information.

Now when I transport that mapping to production, the user/pwd will change. What is the std XI way of storing/reading such dev/prod configuration differences if it cannot be stored in a communication channel, but needs to be done inside the IR objects ?

- Value Mapping ? Seems like that is designed for other requirements.

- creating a special configuration SW-component and modify the information there (in dev and prod separately) ? But in which object ? E.g. an xml configuration as imported archive ?

For obvious reasons, I want to avoid manually changing the mapping object everytime after transport to prod.

CSY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers so far, but none of those solutions are really useful.

In the meantime, we are using the Seeburger mapping variables (key/value pairs), which are easily configurable in the browser of their workbench, separate for each system. And can be accessed in the mapping.

That is what I was looking for in the XI standard.

An alternative could be to use the DynamicConfigurationBean, but that is tied to a communication channel.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can try creating an adapter module to enhance your payload with user id/password information stored in ID.

<ul>

<li>Your scenario should have Java based adapter at Sender or Receiver side</li>

<li>Need to write a custom adapter module bean which will read the user id and password from ID configuration and enhance the payload</li>

<li>Your password fieldname should start with pwd so that XI/PI will treat this field as password field and mask the password value</li>

<li>You can maintain the password for each landscape like DEV/QA/PROD in adapter module parameters tab and no need to change the IR objects</li>

</ul>

Regards,

Ananth

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use property of getting system id based on this system id, fill ypur credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can use a properties file check this,

Else use secure storage service which is more standard

rgds,

Arun

Edited by: Arun Kumar G on Jul 22, 2008 6:01 PM