cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing 2 Dimensional barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

This is regarding printing 2 Dimensional barcode in smartforms.

I have set up barcode format (type) for 2 dimensional PDF417 symbology in SE73 and I tested it there with some data in same transaction. I got the desired output even on screen as well as on printer.

I have used same barcode type in smartstyle to create character format and used that smartstyle in my smartform. I used that character format in my smartform to print the same data that I did in SE73. I tried with every data, but it is not printing data in required 2D format barcode. it is printing 1 D format barcode.

Does anybody encountered such situation or have some Idea on such situations.

Please let me know that whether I have to do some other settings in smartform to print 2 D barcode.

Please advise, what should I do to print 2 D barcode format.

Please do not suggest ZEBRA printer, i want to print is on simple printer.

Helpful answers were rewarded and appreciated.

Thanks for spending time to help me.

Regards,

Goyal

P.S. I am working SAP ERP 4.6C and will have to use same in ERP 6.0 too

Edited by: Dinesh Goyal on Jul 22, 2008 5:42 PM

Edited by: Dinesh Goyal on Jul 22, 2008 5:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table TSP0B contains the supported device types.

A problem we faced when printing to laser printers was trying to format an actual PDF with the PDF Device types.

Even through supported, we were getting all sorts of errors.

When we switched to the HPLJ4 device type, all the formatting problems to laser printers went away.

Personally, I've not been able to get ZPL printers to print 2d barcodes formatted with Adobe. If someone were to suggest that, I'd love to see their solution, instead of the usual canned answers.