cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message correlation with different date formats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPM experts.

I need to correlate 2 messages in a BPM scenario using a date vs a date/time field. The first message uses date format DDMMYYYY and the second message uses YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss. I need to drop the time stamp (hh:mm:ss) from the second message, transform one of the dates and the use it to correlate the messages. According to the SAP documentation, in order to use different date formats in a correlation, you first have to define a value mapping. I know what a value mapping is but still this is not making sense to me. Does anyone have an example or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Carlos

<Moderator note: moved to more appropriate XI forum>

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 22, 2008 10:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both. I was missing the fact that the BPM process is configured as a service, therefore you can do regular mapping before the messages reach it. After I realized this, everything became clear. Thanks for confirming this with your answers.

Carlos

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need to correlate 2 messages in a BPM scenario using a date vs a date/time field. The first message uses date format DDMMYYYY and the second message uses YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss. I need to drop the time stamp (hh:mm:ss) from the second message, transform one of the dates and the use it to correlate the messages. According to the SAP

I would use a mapping program for changing the format of this date field to required format (to a temporary message format) and then enter the BPM. This way you have same format fields to be used in BPM.

VJ

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to do a value mapping - meaning you need to do a message mapping

you can do it before the message will reach a bpm and this way inside a BPM

you will have a correct format - everything in standard

Regards,

michal