cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing the services registry of another computer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just created a WebService and i published it on the services registry of another CE server on another computer. I then set my "services registry" through NWDS preferences window with the IP adress of the computer and the port for CE server.

The problem is when i'm trying to import the WSDL of the webservice in my project, by "services registry", i got an "Unknown Host nc...ncel.sap.corp" error after selecting the "endpoint for service definition". In fact, nc...ncel.sap.corp is the name of the computer corresponding to the IP adress i've entered in my settings (and it's also the target adress of the endpoint). Could you help please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

You could probably check a couple of things:

1. If the access to that server is through a proxy, ensure that the proxy configuration is done correctly in the NWDS (through Window -> Preferences -> Network Connections).

2. In the 'Services Registry' configuration, ensure that the 'use HTTPS' checkbox is unchecked (if the connection to your server is not via https)

3. Ensure that the URL is the right one

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Regards,

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The proxy thing was the problem. In my network connections settings, the option "direct connection to the internet" was enabled. I changed it to "manual settings", and now it's working!!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After import of the WSDL file, i got another error while deploying my process containing an automated activity corresponding to the webservice: "... The passed WSDL is not supported by the proxy generator. It does not contain any WSDL bindings". If you could help, ...

P.S: I built my WSDL from a "Dynamic Web project", i don't know if there is any connection...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's ok, the problem is solved. It was due to the fact that when i published the webservice through SR, i chose the option "activated/deployed" instead of "configured". I don't quite understand what's the difference between: modelled, activated/deployed and configured. So if you could explain, before giving up on the thread... Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

In the service registry, services can be in one of three states:

Modeled is the state for all ServiceDefinitions coming from ESR

Activated (in ABAP) / Deployed (in Java) - is for available implementation but not exposed with end-points

Configured - already exposed endpoint(s)

Hope that helps,

Anirudh

Answers (0)