cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service ... to an ALE logical sysetm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read prior posts to this issue regarding the solution but I am not able to resolve this issue. The scenario is as follows:

A Web Service is consumed on the PI system (XD1) which extracts the data for posting an IDoc to the SAP ECC system (ED1). The communication channel for the Web Service is WS_SND (defined as a Business Service) and the communication channel for the IDoc (defined as a Business System) is IDOC_RCV.

The IDoc service (ED1CLNT300) has the correct Adapter-Specific Identifiers as ED1CLNT300 Logical System. I also performed a "Compare with System Landscape Directory" to ensure I had the correct configuration information for the adapter. The Web Service sender service (BroadcastMessage) does not have any Adapter-Specific Identifers - should there be?

Do I need to define my Web Service in the SLD. The SLD does have the correct ED1CLNT300 Business System and correct Logical System defined for the ED1 Technical System.

On the PI (XD1) system, the only Logical Syem defined is XD1CLNT300 and not ED1CLNT300 for the SAP ECC system. Should this Logical System be defined? The SAP ECC system does have both Logical Systems defined (ED1CLNT300 and XD1CLNT300).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi david,

U need to create an entry(Business system) in the SLD for the Receiver R/3 System.

In the R/3 u need to maintain a partner type for the logical system using the transaction WE20.

U need to add a Inbound Parameter for teh particular Logical System.

check this link

cheers

srinivas

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Go through this...

Take a look at this weblog:

XI Error - Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In the receiver agreement, you will get an option to specify the sender service. Give the BSystem which has the same logical system as that of the one in the R/3 partner profile.

If not available, create one BSys.

rgds,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun -

Thanks for the pointer. This got me beyond the initial error but I now get another interesting error. It retruns the error as informational "I::000". I did a little investigation and noticed when adding Meta Data in my IDoc Adapter (IDX2), the get the same error! Thje IDoc type being added is SEQJIT03 with a Source Port of SAPED1. I am not able to add Meta Data for the IDoc Adapter. Any suggestions what causes this error and why I cannot add meta data?

Thanks,

Dave

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I am not able to add Meta Data for the IDoc Adapter. Any suggestions what causes this error and why I cannot add meta data?

there are two things that can cause this error:

1. RFC for your ERP system in IDX1 is not working - test it in sm59

2. your user in this RFC in sm59 has no authorization to download idoc metadata

I described how to set this up in with screenshots in:

http://www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H1935

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN Sender Business System

goto Setting "Adapter Specific Attributes" . Set ur Logical System Name of Sender R/3 over there..

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define adapter specific identifier for WEB_SERVICE sender also. Use the same name for defining

R/3 Partner profiles also.