cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OR110264.SAR can't be unpacked installing oracle 10.2 and 4.7 in AIX

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing 4.7 Enterprise with oracle 10.2 in AIX 5.3 platform and when sapinst tries to unpack Oracle rdbms it fails after a few files are processed with the error:

CJS-00096 Extract archive failed.
SOLUTION: See log file OR110264.SAR.log for details.

Cheking the log it says:

SAPCAR: error reading from /auxiliar/cds/rdbms/51031672_1/OR410264.SAR (error 5).

I have checked permissions and are right, also checking space and i have 10gb in the stage filesystem.

I have checked the limits for root in the /etc/security/limits and also with the comand: unlimit -a and all the settings are unlimited for root.

I don't know the meaning of error 5 in sapcar.

I have notice that the files bigger than 1Gb can´t be uncompress, and also i have updated the sapcar to the latest vesion.

Could anyone help me with this problem?

Any help will be apreciated?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I have the same problem, pls cld you tell me how did u resolve the same?

Appreciate your help & points will be given.

Regards,

Sreedhar G

0 Kudos

Hello,

I resolved the problem but i am still not sure why this happened. I thought it was a problem with limits in AIX, but I reviewed all the configuration files and couldn't resolve it that way.

We discovered extracting the individual files that it was the first one which couln't be unzipped, but the others where ok, so the installation hanged and could not continue while extracting the first file.

After many tries, we discovered that if you merge the 3 files, the binary sapcar could extract it with no problems, very strage, so we did the following:

-Merged the 3 files in just one, in the windows system like this:

D:\cds_for_AIX\RDBMS_Ora102\51031672_1\unpack>C:\copia_cds\SAPCAR_0-10003694.exe -mvf "OR110264.SAR OR210264.SAR"

D:\cds_for_AIX\RDBMS_Ora102\51031672_1\unpack>C:\copia_cds\SAPCAR_0-10003694.exe -mvf "OR210264.SAR OR310264.SAR"

D:\cds_for_AIX\RDBMS_Ora102\51031672_1\unpack>C:\copia_cds\SAPCAR_0-10003694.exe -mvf "OR310264.SAR OR410264.SAR "

- The resulting file was OR410264.SAR which could be extracted without problems.

So, i transfered this merge file to the AIX system and renamed to OR110264.SAR which was the filename which could not be extracted.

- Now, when i restarted sapinst. It took the OR110264.SAR (which was really a merged one). The file 2 and 3 was ok and the 4 one was also the merged one.

So, the result is that is extracting several times the same thing but no worries, the final result was that sapinst passed the phase.

I know this was a rare solution, but it works!!!

I think there is a problem with this oracle files in sapnet.

Try it, it will work

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

try using the latest SAPCAR tool.

we had a similar problem got solved with the new sapcar.

0 Kudos

Thats is a good idea, i tried it at that time and did not work, but it could have been a new one which works.

Please, if the problem is solved with a new sapcar, post the release, for the next time.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

mine was AIX 64 bit non unicode system .

The version I used was SAPCAR_5-20000196.EXE released in may 2008.

You can download the latest version from the marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I copied entire SAP dump again and it worked fine. My problem get resolved.

Thanks

Manoj Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure about this, but sometimes it helps if you download files once again, or copy from installation media once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest the same. Copy the DVD again or download the file again and put it on the server.

It will probably solve your problem!