cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Award for Yearly Forum Categories topper

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to ask whether the Award for Yearly Forum Categories topper still exist or not. I found that in the Top Contributor page you have something since last Contest date 01/08/2007. I remember the SDN used to give some recognition and award to the top 3 contributor yearly.

Thanks

Arghadip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This will no longer be done for individual forum categories, but back at the end of last year we announced a change in the [top contributor recognition|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7898] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; program. You can read more about it by looking at the right side panel for more info.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oppss! Shame on me -:(

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we are all receiving badges greaaaat. Anyways a recognition mail from SDN will be another added benefit as this will not cost much for SDN and this will be also a token of success for us which will encourage us. What you think Mark?

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program has altered since last year but it still stands and on August 1st we will see who the top 3 of each major category are and they will of course be contacted first and informed of many of the cool things happening this year! Then we will share the information with the rest of the community in the form of a blog post from me.

We are not be secretive we simply want to ensure all the great things we have planned are going to be things we can execute on and deliver during the SAP TechEd events in Las Vegas, Berlin and Bangalore.

Stay tuned!

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No shame, Blag, only honors to folks like you. I think the recognition becomes very apparent in the positive way thought leaders, subject experts and peers are recognized by the community itself. Sure stepping on stage is exciting, but honestly, getting the real recognition from the real folks in the trenches is the greatest reward. When you get that kind of "badge" from your "peeps", it tops all. That being said, it is nice to have a community badge sent to recognize the yearly commitment to engage. Most thrilling would be to have testament that what happens here online makes someone's job more rewarding, helps create a more entertaining and valuable work experience.

Personally, since I am becoming painfully aware of the sad state of our globe, I'm really thinking about how to minimize "stuff" and go paperless. I'm on a kick to minimize my own collections of [stuff|http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9153550196656656736] thanks to folks like [Eddy de Clerq |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/19902] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];and [Jim Spath|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/251822835] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and J[ames Farrar.|/people/james.farrar/blog]

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last the day has come. We are all waiting for the Blogs for the Top 3 Contributors. I remember the Last Years one:)

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Watch the weblogs - I posted once already this morning and once all the Top folks are notified I will make the official announcement

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still waiting for the announcement. It seems the delivery date is planned in the near future like we plan in our Custom development or the estimation seems to be less than the effort a serious sin in which no one will work:))

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having you been following this blog?

Don't worry you will get your email from me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your precious information. You guys to a great job:)

Thanks

Arghadip

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also got the Top Contributor badge and due to this, the fame in my present employment, has gone to sky high and thanks to SDN for giving such a recognition to Top Contributors. But at the sametime, I would also like to place a request to all concerned to look into the possibility of engraving the contributor's name in the badge, so that it will have an added weightage for those contributors !!!!!!!!

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm waiting for that as well...Last year I made it to Scripting Languages Second place -:) And get on Stage at Vegas -;)

Greetings,

Blag.