cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staging of PICK parts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ....

I am doing staging of pick parts against a Process order.As per my undrstanding for pick parts, system only stage material qty what is reqd for a Process Order.While for Crate it picks in the entire qty availale in Case.

Here i have a queries, would appreciate if u could help me out.

1) I have created a Process order qty for 1 in which 1 pc of the Component (child item) is required. I have 1000 pcs of inventory available in warehouse.

As soon as I released my process order , TR gets created for 1 pcs but when I conveted it to Transfer Order , it picks all inventory available for child material (i.e 1000 pcs) for staging.

Therefore wondering why it is picking the entire qty , I checked by Source Storage type settings for FULL STOCK REMOVAL but is not set.

I am using Batch mgmt and entire inventory 1000 pcs lying in single batch , is it because of that ??

Regards

shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything expecially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think pick parts is the right way to go but I think you should just delete all references to Kanban.

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... problem is getting more interesting now ...

I did try CRATE parts ....with Kanban qty 10 and available inventory is 1000 ...... here again system generated the TR for 10 pcs but while converting it to TO , it did pick the entire qty.

therefore wondering if the problem is still related with KANBAN .... need yr expert advise on that.

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think that the overdelivery is an issue as that just means that it is allowed but the Kanbam qty is interesting.

If you are staging to a production order I do not know why Kanban is mentioned at all. Maybe you could remove the references to Kanban and the '1' and test it with this new settin

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... Thx for your all efforts ..... in control cycle my kanban qty is 1 only.

I could see that for the movement Type 319 ( used for staging) , OVERDELIVERY is allowed. Is it the reason behind it.

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrey

Good Morning

I am afraid to say that now it becomes difficult because without being able to see the system I am not sure where to go next.

I would like to help further but I am now stuck.

Maybe try looking at you control cycle records

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... That is also not selected ....

Your prompt replies are highly appreciated ... did u find any other issue in that.

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrey

Hi

H is shelf life expiration date so that should not cause this.

In the st type you are picking from you do not have the

'Full stk rmvl reqmt act' button selected do you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for yr reply ....

The removal strategy I am using for Source Storage type (824) is "H"

As far as Control qty is concerned , I have not maintained anything there in Material Master.Just to inform you I have not created the STORAGE TYPE specific view of WM. I have maintained my WM view of my material at PLANT / STORAGE location and Warehouse number level.

Awaiting for your reply .

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It has to be around your removal strategies and possibly your settings in your material master such as a control qty?

What removal strategy do you have for the st type you are picking from