cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create remote process chains between APO and ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I need to create remote process chains between APO and ECC for deleting PIRs in ECC.

Please direct me to any good documentation that is present to do this ?

Please advise on the best practises for this process.

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting PIRs in ECC?? Are you sure? Ask your R/3 counter part the easiest way.

If it is both ECC nad APO, the easiest process I know is through the use of the programs /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE and /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER with category FA and select orders in both R/3 and APO.

or

create a program in R/3 directly.

Your remote process chain needs you to specify a process chain running in R/3. But there is no option of creating process chains in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

We are using ECC6.0 and you can create process chains in ECC 6.0 .

Let me explain our situation

We are implementing DP for now.

We are sending forecasts to ECC . We have created a trabsfer profile which sends focst to ECC.

The client wants us to delete all the old forecasts before we release the new forecasts.

We have developed a program in ECC for that.

We have also created a process chain in ECC for that .

We now need to call this program from APO before we send the forecasts in ECC.

I need to create a remote process chain for that.

I have read that we should not be using the reports /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE and /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER in the production system.

So we have to call the custom program remotely from APO.

Please guide me on to some good documentation and best practises to create remote process chains .

Regards,

Ranjini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajini,

Ididn't know that we can create process chains in ECC. Never worked in 6.0.

Anyway, if you have process chains in ECC, in RSPC, create a metachain or a remote process chain in APO. Drag and drop the "Remote Process Chian" process type under the "general Services" .

You have to reference the process chain in ECC. That's it. You can have a start variant created and have this a chain in APO. If oyu already have one, you can link that up to this remote process chain or keep it by itself.

There are a couple of prerequisites for that.

1. The user that runs this complete chain in APO should be have access to ECC also

2. You should have an active RFC connection to ECC, which happens in most cases.

Make sure that you don't select dialogue process in connection type. that's for interactive use. If you do, the chain fails saying the user is not authorized and you can change that. it is part of the list you see there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu !! I was able to create the remote process chain !

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a question.

if there is a process chain created in ECC 6.0, what authorizations it requires to create and schedule the chains in R/3.

we are facing an issue, that the client needs to be opened for scheduling the chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh

To open up the client for scheduling the process chain, BASIS team need to give access. Otherwise to see "no authorization status " check in SU53 after you immediately access the process chain.

Answers (0)