cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPScript printing of PO form in ECC 6.0 with the character #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had just upgraded our system from SAP 4.6C to ECC 6.0. After the upgrade, we had encountered an issue during the printing of a purchase order. Apparently, when the PO has a text with the # character, the whole text doesn't appear. However, if we remove the # character, the rest of the text is printed.

This problem only occurred in ECC 6.0. It was not happening when we were still in 4.6C.

Can you please advise?

Thanks and regards,

V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivian,

am sure this is not an abap isue at all.you need to check it with printer setting under eye of basis guy.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for this vital information. I was actually thinking if this can be solved through ABAP. Now that we know it won't, we'll escalate our issue to the Basis team (or to SAP for that matter).

Thanks,

V.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V,

Now your prob is quite clear and I think it is not interpreting it a char data type.You can do like this:

data : v1 type c value #.

REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '#' IN line1 WITH v1.

gudluck.

Binod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vivian,

you can do that go to your driver program and before the code which takes the PO. no write

REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '#' IN line1 WITH space.

hope it will work

rewards if useful

Binod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

Thanks for your response. Let me try to explain the problem more clearly.

In the PO printout, we have placed there a text i.e. MN #149. When we were still in 4.6C, the text is displayed completely including the # character. But when the system was upgraded to ECC 6.0, the whole text did not appear.

Now, we tried testing by removing the # character and the PO was printed with the text MN 149. However, we still need to have # character in the PO printout.

Hope the issue clear. Can you please assist?

Thanks,

V