Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Stack versa Stand-along engine.

vladimir_golovtchiner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 3 ERP 7.0 (ECC6.0) Systems (ABAP Stack only). Which were born after Upgrade from R/3 4.6C.

Now we want to install the JAVA-stack for some application Components like ESS, ADS and so on.

The question is: What is better a stand-along engine or double stack installation? Which advantages or disadvantage has double-stack installation versa stand-along Java-engine?

The consulter speaks about very strong dependencies between ABAP-Stack and Java-stack? What they are?

I will be pleased about any help.

Best regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we talk about dual stack then the Java system would sit on ABAP engine; which means that all the configurations related to ABAP and Java communications is in ABAP from start.

- The ABAP system would be the UME store for the Java users.

- J2EE_ADMIN and J2EE_GUEST users are already present in the ABAP system.

- All the configurations are present in 001 client.

But when u install the Java Add-in for ABAP then you have to do the configurations eg.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/f662fb6cc604ace10000000a114a6b/content.htm

vladimir_golovtchiner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your answer,

the problem is - as I must to install JAVA as Add-on because I allready have the ABAP-stack and I should do all configuration in any case what is an advantage of installation of JAVA as Add-On against the Installation as stand-along engine with the separate Instance number and so on.

For the system copie I see only disadvantage in case of dual stack because I cannot use the file-copy szenario more I need to export/import.

And what about dependensies between SP-Levels of JAVA-stack and ABAP stack in two cases?

best regards

Vladimir

Answers (0)