cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to create a Standard text in s010 in Chineese...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a Standard Text in Chinese language

'Date :' ..This is the text that I need to create in Chineese.

IN chineese Date will be recognised with this symbol : '日期:'

But, when I try to paste the same in Standard text with language 'ZH'-chineese...it display's in this format....'??:'

What do I need to do to create a Standard text in chineese in s010....Is there anything I can do...?

Should I install the Chineese language in my system first?

Please explain....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kittu

Edited by: Kittu on Jul 22, 2008 2:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to copy the chinese text in the script editor in SO10 ...

It should work.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Thank you for your response!

That is the same thing that I ma trying to do....

I am trying to copy teh Chineese text in the Standard text (so10)....In so10...Standard text is appreaing as '??' , instead it should appear like this '日期:'

ANy suggestions would be appreciated ...

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to LOGIN in Chinese and create a text and see if this works.

Shreekant

BarbaraJ
Newcomer
0 Kudos

I maintained the Chinese text in SO10. I have found (at least in my system) that I had to go to Settings->PC Editor and then untick the box 'Graphical PC Editor'.  Then I could enter the Chinese text and not get them displaying as ????? question marks.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

REgards

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm stumped. What is your SAP and GUI versions and patch level? With the old MDMP systems I got this problem, but once we switched over to true Unicode it all went away. Do you use the SAP editor or PC editor (Word)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I'm going through my notes from when we implemented ZH and I'm running out of ideas... Do you have the East Asian Languages installed on your PC (Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages)? I'm assuming you're using Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael Evershed,

Very Good evening!

Thank you soo much for your time and response!

Yes Michael...I got installed those languages. My system Admin installed it on Windows XP.

Any other suggestions that we can go ahead with?

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried with all these suggestions...Still no luck.

Is there anythind I can check to create the Standard text in Chineese?

Please suggest...I had checked with the UNicode....It ic correctly configured. Just to make sure, I checked and unchecked that option.

It still does not work.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited...

Thank you.

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may try this:

SE63

go to transaction SE63. Menu Translatin - ABAP objects - other long texts. Expand FS - select SSF.

give the smartform name in the object name. select the source and target language. once you provide these details, you can translate the words and put it manually in the text names and save it. this will do the job for you. a little R&D will be enough for you do the changes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm310/helpdata/en/b4/54601d77f38e429ffad9e3e11c1b25/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/41/71601b3ab0f34a8e00aa01338c68f3/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pratik,

I already tried with this..It does not work.

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for all your response!

I chkd the setting...I see that it is Default code page is checked.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited.....

regards

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this:

From any of your SAP screen go to 'Customizing of Local layout'. Click on it.Follow the below path:

Customizing of local Layout>Character Set>Simplified Chinese.

Then go to SO10 and try to create the text.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the advanced SAP Logon settings for your system, it may be imposing a code page or disabling Unicode. I've tried using a cut and paste from http://www.freetranslation.com and it works fine in my system, but if I check the Unicode off button in SAP Logon I get ??.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

When I Log in into Chineese language I am able to see the text in the chineese language. But, even then when i go to so10 and try to create a Standard text and paste the Chineese SYmbol in that Standard Text...It will not take it. When I translate text in Chineese using this link :

http://www.freetranslation.com/

and try to paste that chineese symbol in the Standard text...it appears '??' like this instead of teh chineese symbol.

Yes, our system has Unicode.

Any suggestion would be apprecaited

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a Unicode SAP system? Can you enter Chinese characters anywhere else and have them appear correctly?

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

Go through below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c1/becc9313767243bde0a8a3e85b4021/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi