cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get trx files from oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to access the xml source of the transactions in the MII workbench. These files reside in the MII internal oracle database, right? I've found a table called XMII_FILES, where I can see a list of all files. But where can I find the content of those files?

FYI - we want to build some kind of "occur check", i.e., we want to compute where a transaction is used, because we want to know what we have to test if we change something...

Thanks,

Best Regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

To get the XML content of the transaction you can simply Export the Transaction from your workbench to your desktop.

This will get you a .trx file which contains the XML for Transaction.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

thank you for your quick reply. This would be an alternative strategy if we can't get the content from the database. The disadvantage of this approach is that we have to do a manual export of the whole project each time we want to do an evaluation.

Does anybody else know the name of the right table in the oracle database?

Thanks,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Matthias,

I am not sure how you would go about determining where a given transaction would be used. You could probably use the NetWeaver logs to make that determination, but I am not sure how you would do it programmatically. The easiest way to get the xml for the transactions is to simply export the file.

For the others who would be better able to answer this question, could you post the version of xMII you are using.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

we follow the following strategy: Once we have the xml description of a transaction we feed it into a custom action block. There, we use the full strength of Java to parse and analyze the xml file. If a transaction is called inside another one, the path can be found in the trx file, and we'll simply search for it : ) A more advanced approach would be an analysis using XPath. In both approaches we have to go through ALL trx files. Kind of brute force, but we hope to manage it this way.

We're on Version 12.0.4 Build(120)

Thanks,

Matthias

0 Kudos

Matthias,

You may be able to use XML_Loader and use the path something like this:

server://<projectname>/<yourfolder>/<yourtransactionname>

I saw some mention of this approach a while back, but a quick search of SDN did not turn it up.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, the idea with the XML Loader was very helpful.

We can get the filenames out of the table XMII_FILES, the corresponding paths can be found in XMII_PATHS, hence we can construct the complete path for each trx file and therefore get the sources of all transaction files by using the XML Loader Action Block!

Cheers,

Matthias