cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ALEAUD idoc be used for ack in case of non-SAP sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is JDBC to IDOC. if the processing of IDOC fails at R/3, can i use ALEAUD idoc acknowledgement to send the status back to sender system?

As the sender is not IDOC, its evident that ALEAUD cant directly go and update status at sender. so, how can we handle it in XI?

Regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U will have to use BPM for sending the ALEAUD back to the sender system.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Do you mean, i've to have a synchronous scenario, send the IDOC, wait for the acknowledement and update back JDBC?

but what if the idoc is not processed immediately, i mean if they are processed in a bactch job, then XI cant wait, isnt it?

also, if i'm selecting multiple rows and for each row creating an individual idoc, and if one of the idoc fails, how can update that perticular row back in jdbc?

Regards,

Rashmi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean, i've to have a synchronous scenario,

No. Ur scenario would be async with ack idoc ALEAUD. BPM will receive this ALEAUD message and u can use it further to send it to sender.

if i'm selecting multiple rows and for each row creating an individual idoc, and if one of the idoc fails, how can update that perticular row back in jdbc?

In this case, multiple ALEAUD will get generated. Handling all the acks wouldnt be a good approach. U may trigger an alert from BPM in ur case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

check the blog

Configuration Tips for a Business Service/Integration Process to send back ALE audit IDOC

<removed by moderator>

regards

kummari

Edited by: kummari on Jul 22, 2008 12:24 PM

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 24, 2008 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A work around could be.

JDBC(SENDER) --> XI --> Server Proxy

post you idoc in the server proxy and send the status back to JDBC by calling another Client proxy within the Same server proxy... so the return journey will be like..

Client Proxy(Called within the above server proxy) --> XI --> JDBC(RECEIVER)

Regards,

Shailesh