Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Help required on Freely Programmed Input help

Dear all,

I have developed a component, say comp1, in which i have implemented the interface IWD_VALUE_HELP.

In the respective view(MAIN) of Comp1 i have a dropdown which contains a list of company codes fetched from T001 table.

Apart from these two, I have also embedded the Main view into the window WD_VALUE_HELP.

...................................................................................

Now, I have created another component, say Comp2, in which i Used the dynpro component Comp1, and also in the MAIN view of my Comp2. Now in the MAIN view of Comp2 I have created a input field from the node T001 in the context which contains the single attribute BUKRS type String. In the properties of the BUKRS attribute I have also changed the Input help to "Freely Programmed" and linked to the component for the Input help.

After this, I have created the application for my component Comp2. When i run the application and when i press F4 on the input field i am able to get the window from Comp1 component, and a dropdown with values.

.....................................................................................

Now the question is, How can i pass the value selected in that window of Comp1 into the input field of Comp2? we do the same in OVS, when ever a value is selected from the Hitlist, it will be cascaded into the input field, just like that i want to do here.

Please suggest me how to do this, and also please tell when to go for Freely programmed Input help and its advantages.

Thank you,

Shashi.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question