cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem in smartforms.. whenever i m changing or modifying smartforms in development and transporting it to production. for the first time it is taking very long time to be excuted. aprrox 1 hr some times more than tht.i m running it in background for first time.

i m not understanding y it is taking tht much of time.. is it problem with production server r wht?can anybody help me in this..

Regards

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only one better way i can suggest here is to generate the smartform once it reaches production through the transaction SMARTFORMS from the menu Smartforms--> Generate and then use the transaction to print the documents.

Apart from this there is no exact reason for the delay in execution as already i have mentioned all the possible reasons.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first time just after the transport reaches to prodcution anyways the smartforms needs to be generated and so it takes time.

Second thing is if it takes 1hr or more than that then also the case may be there are more loops and also may be loop in loop without proper conditions.

Third thing may be due to the system performance.

Check for the above reasons.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

u r right Ramki,

but actually i need some exact reason as it is due to system performance..i can not say directly to the Basis consultants.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please make sure that smart not contains redundent things,

also keep trck on the performence.

try to reduce the interface between the Print program and Smartform.

i may improve ur overall performence..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One cause of it is if in the smartforms too many program lines have been used and too many dummy parts are present then it would take time to generate the smartform.

Better to remove the parts which are made dummy and also try to reduce the program lines with more performance oriented code lines and then check.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramrishna,

Thanx for u r reply.

Actually it happens to each and every smartform. eventhogh it is a small program. there r no program line much.

wht may be the reason.