cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Methods to trigger AIDMATMAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In manuals and configuration guides I have only found one way to trigger AIDMATMAS. That is, using the BD10 transaction. The issue with this method is that we should send all the materials periodically to ensure the qualitiy of data. Of course, I can develop a report that monitors the change documents and call transaction BD10 when needed.

But the question is, Can I somehow avoid the customer report? I was thinking in change pointers but I couldn't found the aidmatmas message in the customizing to be activated.

Any idea?

regards,

David R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

change pointers should work as per:

http://help.sap.com/autoid20/helpdata/en/cf/608fc93d7cf14aa5ad7cc470e45593/content.htm

"You activate change pointers for the message types AIDMATMAS and ARTMAS, in Customizing for Logistics u2013 General ® Supply Chain Planning Interfaces (SCPI) ® Auto-ID Backend Integration ® IDoc Processing ® Material Master Data IDocs ® Activate Change Pointers For Message Types."

Regards,

Michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally the customer has decided not to install de AUTOID add-on in the R3 System so the issue is not an issue anymore since we don't have aidmatmas message.

Finally we'll use a different workaround. We will send matmas.matmas01 to PI and PI will change the message type to AIDMATMAS before sending it to AII. It's not the best scenario but I hope it works.

regards to everybody,

David R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are trying to transfer the material master data from ERP to SAP AII uisng XI. can you please let me know the steps that need to be followed in order to achieve this.

thanks

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

The issue is that I can't find the message type AIDMATMAS on the customizing activity "Activate change pointers...blah blah". I have looked in a ECC 6.0 and an ECC 5.0

Hopefully today the customer basis team will end the installation of the Auto-id add-on for R3 4.7 and I'll see if the message type is available.

I'll come back to you soon,

David R.