cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER EXIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anybody explain me what r user exits.as a SD consultant what am i suppose to know about it.if possible plz explain me with a suitable example

will reward pts if satisfactory answer

regds,

rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Userxits allow us to add our own functionality to SAP standard program without modifying it. The userexits are generally collected in includes and attached to the standard program by the SAP.

All Userexits start with the word USEREXIT_...

Eg: USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

This userexit is used to insert the ABAP code which will be called when the document (sales order VA01) is just about to be saved.This userexit is used generally for custom checks on different fields , to display some information before the order will be saved or for making changes to certain fields before the sales order will be saved.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

Following the link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/2d/531437a96f11d1a1de080009b433a9/frameset.htm

Now, User-exits are writen to specify additional functionality to standard programme, which is not present.

As in our case:

ZCST_ORD: add custom field in cost center master

Basically, ABAPers are supposed to create Projects.

As a Functional-Consultant, we are suppose to provide logical information like - Components: Function Code, Values, Structures etc.

T.code: CMOD (to create Project)

SMOD (Assignment, most probably)

NOTE: Best is to post this query in BASIS's forum.

Hope, I have satisfied your query up to some extent.

Best regards,

Amit.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rahul

Please go through this link

[A Short Tutorial on User Exits |http://www.sap-img.com/abap/a-short-tutorial-on-user-exits.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 381348 'Using user exit, customer exit, VOFM in SD' and related note surely will help you to understand these tools.

Regards,

Eduardo