cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP app as provider .NET app as consumer, Point-to-Point

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I am trying to set up a point-to-point service connection from a .NET application (service consumer) to a SAP application (service provider) using SOAMANAGER. As authentication method I use HTTP Authentication with User ID and Password. However when trying to send messages from the .NET application to the SAP application I get error messages either

1) "SRT:RBAM authorization denied. The channel could not be opened."

or

2) "The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Basic'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Basic realm="SAP NetWeaver Application Server [X8A/000]"'."

depending on the User ID used to establish the connection. Since I have no experience with SOA so far this is complete new territory for me. I assume that in the first case some authorization is missing in the receiver system. But which rights exactly should be added to the profile to make things work?

Any help will be appreciated. Also if you know any documentation which will help setting up this particular scenario please let me know. The amount of documentation on setting up service connections between SAP applications is vast, but I did not find much information on this kind of service connection.

Thanks

Guenter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guenter,

did you create a communication user?

i have never seen either of those error messages and wonder what RBAM is supposed to be. is the first one a server error message?

anton

0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I did not create a communication user. I probably do not have the rights to do that on my own but have to request it from IT for the system I need it in. Do you happen to know if IT needs more information on what kind of communication user or is it just "a communication user"?

I don't know where the errors exactly come from. The first message is taken from the fault message sent to the .NET application. The second one I also see in the trace-file of the .NET application but I do not know where it comes from.

Some more explanations: In the first case I use an existing communication user which we use in a mediated scenario, i.e. when we communicate via an XI system. In my tests I want to bypass the XI system and establish a point-to-point connection. So at first I just tried to use the communication user from the XI scenario hoping it works for the point-to-point scenario as well. In the second try I used my one user which apart from the error message had the effect, that it was revoked afterwards in the SAP system :-(.

Thanks for your help

Guenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

ît's Communication User (type 'C'). see the documentation of datatype XUUSTYP to understand what types of users there are (SE11, check datatype, enter XUUSTYP, click display).

0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

thanks for the hint. The communication user was created, but when using this new user I get the same error message as in 1). Do you have any more ideas what might be the problem?

thanks

Guenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guenter,

i am sorry I don't have any other hint. I have never seen this RBAM error myself and i have pretty much every possible ABAP WAS release at hand to test.

Actually, I researched a lot and didn't even find any useful info (documentation) or facts (development objects, ...) on anything called RBAM, apart from the triviality that it is an acronym for role based access management.

I am not aware that a consumer needs any special role to access webservices in general and I don't assume you assigned a certain role to your webservice since you don't know abap webservices too well and it is no standard procedure to assign roles to webservices.

so, no clue. I'd try a CSS message.

regards, anton