cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Transport Workflow in STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are looking at using STMS transport workflow to manage transports through our R3 landscape.

The question is, when a transport is released and a new transport proposal is created, is it possible to create a 'template' so that the upstream target system (and clients) in the transport proposal are automatically populated?

We tried both the queue-controlled and workflow-controlled transport strategies, but in both cases when a new transport proposal is created, the developer would need to manually fill in the target system and client. This creates additional work for the developer and also the risk that not all required target clients are chosen.

Look forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards, Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can set the parameter WF_DIRECT_TARGETS and the value ON or EXCLUSIVE in Transport Tool.

Please refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9c/a544ccc57111d2b438006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

in Setting Direct Target part in 'Configuring Transport Workflow'.

Hope it's help.

Regards,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Budi,

Thank you very much for your reply. That is exactly what I needed!

However after setting the WF_DIRECT_TARGETS parameter, the option to schedule the transport for a different time (rather than immediately after approval) is greyed out. Not sure how to overcome this, so I am raising a message with SAP.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers, Chris.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i thing u have configure TMS after some work has been done by Functional consultant

in that case u have to copy that request and u have to give destination system PRD u can transport easily

and release from there