cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

Here i have done installation of ecc 6.0Before starting the installation the system showed some information me saying that : "You started an installation of the software for platform I386 but sapinst is running on platform AMD64."I carried out the installation and it was suxcessful.

Now i cannot come back as i have applied the sap licence. Will this create a big issue and will this effect the system performance.

Can some one give their valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your familiar with Client Export i suggest you to leave the 32-bit system up as it is and installation the 64-bit SAP System on the same system and make client import in the new system. In this way you will get 64-bit SAP and your customizing data. After successful completion uninstall the 32-bit system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the purpose of this system? If it's a sandbox, just let it be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

If it's really unlucky that you installed 32bit SAP application on x64 platform, it should be another way to fix this without bigger damage. After functional guys go back to home, and then you can:

detach the 32bit database;

uninstall the current SAP system;

reinstall the correct x64 SAP system;

detach the new database;

attach the former 32bit database;

use STM to finish the following steps for database copy and database schema converting.

If it doesn't help don't mind, because it's very dangerous to have SAP running on such a inconsistent combination platform....

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have restart from the scratch.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapdeep,

The AMD64 processor Architecture does not support the i386 32 bit installation So U have to install oracle x64, & down load Master & kernal DVD for X64 installation.

Start with it.

Regards,

Darshan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot come back now.Because all the core mebers have started working already. Now what can be the best possibilty for me. Can you please suggest. Even i have applied the latest patches and even transportation is also working fine.

Any suggestions from the Gurus.Please guide the best path. I very much confused. Please assit.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to perform homogeneous system copy. ( downtime required)

take the complete database backup. install oracle x64 and restore the backup. and install 64 bit SAP system for existing DB ( system copy)

check Note 960769 - Windows: Migration from 32-bit to 64-bit (x86_64)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You kaushal for the help.

But for now the system is running very much fine. I have upgraded my kernel and applied all the latest support patches. Till then will it create any issue. That means can i do this upgration part after a spam of 3-4 months.

I hope so that i can get some grace period of time.

Please suggest.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The AMD64 processor Architecture does not support the i386 32 bit installation.

so using this combination you lose SAP support so better to change as early as possible.

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you installed a 32bit SAP system on a 64bit operating system. This is not supported. I suggest you reinstall using a 64bit kernel and 64bit Java JDK.

Markus