Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO Goods receive before Goods issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, expert,

I come cross a strange problem.

I made a cross-company transfer order using T-CODE ME21N, then I find I can goods receive directly using T-CODE MIGO before delieved plant goods issue using T-CODE VL10B, VL02N.

When I goods received, there is only a yellow message:

Document flow for delivery cannot be updated

Message no. M7352

Diagnosis

Purchase order 4700000005 is assigned to a delivery. The current transaction cannot update the document flow for this delivery, because the system does not recognize the delivery number.

System Response

When you post this goods movement, the document flow is not updated in the delivery. This can lead to problems later on when you process the delivery.

Procedure

You can post the goods movement using transactions MB0A or MIGO (Goods receipt for a delivery) after you enter the delivery number.

If you are currently posting a cancellation, a return delivery, or a subsequent delivery for the material document, it is not possible to enter the delivery number.

Procedure for System Administration

See SAP note 361014: Message M7 352: What does it mean?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rangaswamy_govindaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gloaria

How did you manage to solve this issue.

Could you share please...

thanks

RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry,

i dont have any test system at present......

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you should not be able to receive the material in receiving plant. system should promt a msg like "document xxxxxxx does not contain selectable items".

pls chk with ur confg..

have u assigned the correct vendor in STO(plant vendor).

pls chk for other missing config....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you test it in IDES? The standard configration let me do receive goods before issue goods.

If your system can restrict this uncorrect process, could you tell me your configration?

I have configed the correct vendor and customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gloriya,

STO is stock transfer order.......ie u transfer the stock from one plant to another.either it can be with in the company or between the company codes.

raise STO in receiving plant and create a delivery(VL10B) and PGI in suppying plant then u can see the "stocks in transit"

then u receive the stocks in receiving plant(STO).

With out the physical issue of material (in issuing plant)........how can u make a receipt(in receiving plant).

let me know whether ther is any confusion.......

thanks

nagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, nagi balaji,

I know Without the physical issue of material (in issuing plant)........it's wrong to make a receipt(in receiving plant).

But I find SAP let me do this wrong step , I want to know whether there are some mistake in my configration or it's a default configration in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do a STO Process using SD ie back ground delivery - Proforma cycle the goods Issue & goods receipt happens (value wise) at the time of PGI in the supplying Plant (Mov 641).

When you do GR with ref to the STO order you wil get the above warning message. Inorder to bypass the warning message you have to do a GR with ref to the Outbound Delv doc created using VL10B transaction in the supplying Plant.

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

the normal STO process :

1. PO (ME23N)

2. Delivery with reference to PO (VL10B)

3. Picking (VL02N)

4. PGI (VL02N)

5. GR with reference to outbound delivery (MIGO)

but I find I can do the unnormail STO process:

1. PO (ME23N)

2.GR with reference to outbound delivery (MIGO)

3. Delivery with reference to PO (VL10B)

4. Picking (VL02N)

5. PGI (VL02N)

i don't know why i can goods receive before goods issue.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the OSS note to which your warning message refers (361014).

(generally, first you should post GI refering to the STO and after that do GR in MIGO with reference to the delivery document)

Please also check this link:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315368

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 22, 2008 8:23 AM