Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - XI Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problems setting up XI for MDM as per SAP Config Guide:

I imported the newest CIM with XI CONTENT MDME SERVER 5.5, MDM_BUSINESS_XI, 5.5 and MDM BUSINESS CONTENT 5.5 into the sld and in the Integration Repository. However, when I want to use my MDM Business System (defined in the sld) in the Integration Builder, I do not get any MDM Interfaces (e.g. MATMAS04). Any ideas what is missing?

Regards, Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you added SAP MDM EXTENSION 5.5 as installed product to your technical system in SLD (Software Component MDME SERVER 5.5)? If not, this is probably the reason, why no interfaces are showing up, as the IDoc interfaces are part of this component.

If this is not the solution, please give more details on what you have configured in SLD.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

thank you for your answer,

so far I was able to import SAP MDM EXTENSION 5.5 into the Integration Builder(Design) and the content is showing now. But I am not able to import it into the sld;

when I try I get the following message:

<i>'The target namespace for the legacy import already contains data for one or more export lines. Continuing this import may corrupt the state of your data.'</i>

I am using the newest CRContent14_0. Do you know what the problem is?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

CRContent14_0.zip should be the correct one to use.

This seems to be only a warning message, so i would ignore it. Just make a full export of your SLD contents beforehand. If any problem occurs with the import of the content, just import your own exported content again.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

when I ignore the warning, the import finishes with

<i>Import finished: All 0 Objects loaded</i>

and it did not seem to do anything....

Do have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

that means, that there were no differences between the content you already had and the content you tried to import.

I can't believe you don't have the component if you have the latest SLD content. Did you search in Software Catalog just with MDM as pattern, which products do you get? And with the same search for components, which do you get?

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you seem to be right:

Products <i>SAP MDM 2.0, 3.0</i> and <i>5.5</i> as well as <i>SAP MDM Extension 4.0</i> are in the catalog. Also Software Components <i>XI CONTENT MDME SERVER 5.5</i> and <i>MDM Server 5.5</i> (apart from many others...). I declared the MDM Server a third party technical system and assigned the SAP MDM 5.5 product to it. When I look under <i>installed software components</i> it does not include the <i>XI CONTENT MDME SERVER 5.5</i> though, only <i>XI CONTENT MDM BUSINESS 5.5</i>. How can I add that software component to my technical system? Or do you think the error is elsewhere?

Thank you in advance,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

that looks not too bad.

To add the component go to your technical system. Click on the installed product MDM Server 5.5. Then you should see a page where all components belonging to this product are shown. Here mark the Components which are not marked so far and then click on Save Button.

Now go to Integration Directory and navigate to Tools --> Clear SLD Cache. After that ID will newly get information from SLD and your problem should be resolved.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that already.

In the Integration Repository I see all the objects all right. In the Integration Directory I see the Inbound Interfaces <i>Artmas04MdmIn, EmployeeMsgIn</i> and <i>Bommat04MdmIn</i> which are associated with my MDM Business System. However, what I am still missing in the Integration Directory are the other objects like Mapping Objects (Interface mappings) and Adapter Objects (like Communication Channels). Whenever I try to create any objects I cannot choose from those templates. Do you know how I can use those objects for my scenario?

Thanks again,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

do you get any specific error messages or can you describe exactly what you try to do and where you don't get the objects you are looking for? otherwise it's hard to tell what could be the problem....

Generally XI sometimes defines selection criteria in the selection screens (e.g. Select Interface) and you'll only find objects corresponding to this criteria. However if you click "delete criteria" and then "search", you'll get all objects and probably the ones you're looking for.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I assigned my MDM Business System to my Scenario. When I do that the Inbound Interfaces Artmas04MdmIn<i>, EmployeeMsgIn</i> and <i>Bommat04MdmIn</i> are automatically created for that system. No Outbound Interface is created. Only an HTTP Communication Channel is created. I thought that the Communication Channel templates from the MDM Business Content would be created there, too. Or how do you get access to those templates? Also, when I create Interface Determinations for my Scenario, I always only get the Interfaces <i>Artmas04MdmIn, EmployeeMsgIn</i> and <i>Bommat04MdmIn</i> as a selection for my MDM Business System and not e.g. <i>MATMAS.MATMAS04</i>. What is missing?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

first of all automatic creation of channel during assignment of BS will NOT create your MDM channels. You'll need to do that manually. However if templates exist, you just create a channel, then don't select anything but navigate directly to menu "Communication Channel --> Import Template". There you'll be able to select the according template which will then fill out some fields. But still there will be fields of the channel you'll need to fill manually.

To find out what is the cause of your second problem, please navigate to the MDM Business System and doubleclick on it. Then you should see a screen with a tab Sender and a tab Receiver where all available interfaces of this system are listed. Most likely MATMAS etc are not listed there. I've checked MDM Content and MATMAS and the other IDocs are not imported to any of the MDM Software Components. So there are two options to solve the issue. Either also assign SWCV SAP APPL 4.70 to your MDM system in SLD (and make sure the according content is imported in the IR) or create your own MDM Software Component, import the IDoc Definitions there and assign this component to your system.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

That pretty much did it. I assigned a self-made software component to my MDM system and, in the Integration Directory, imported the SAP Objects (IDOCs) into the <i>imported objects</i> folder of the self-made component. The interfaces were visible then. Thank you for the guidance, Christine.

Regards, Michael

Answers (0)