Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for BSP in ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to perform SSO for a BSP in ECC system. There is a seperate SAP Java stack instance for which SPNEGO is configured for windows integrated authentication. i have read in some forms that SSO for BSP application is possible by pointing the BSP application to the Java stack login module. I wanted to know wheter this scenario is supported so that when user directly logs into BSP from browser, it should not ask for user name and password. I am aware that when accessing the BSP from the portal, SSO works fine.

Please let me know <removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 22, 2008 7:01 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. You need to use t-code SICF and change the redirect URL so that when you access this application, of an SSO2 ticket is not presented by the browser, the ICF will redirect to the Java stack where the login module will authenticate the user, create an SSO2 ticket and then redirect back to the ABAP stack where the BSP application will this time recogniset he SSO2 ticket.

As to what the URL needs to be, I am not sure. I am only familiar with what URL is required, and how this can be done when using a product available from a SAP partner, that also uses SPNEGO protocol and includes a Java servlet to perform the required redirection.

Thanks,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. You need to use t-code SICF and change the redirect URL so that when you access this application, of an SSO2 ticket is not presented by the browser, the ICF will redirect to the Java stack where the login module will authenticate the user, create an SSO2 ticket and then redirect back to the ABAP stack where the BSP application will this time recogniset he SSO2 ticket.

As to what the URL needs to be, I am not sure. I am only familiar with what URL is required, and how this can be done when using a product available from a SAP partner, that also uses SPNEGO protocol and includes a Java servlet to perform the required redirection.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim. This was what I have found in the other forums. I am as well not sure how to make this redirection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read [the rules|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement], also regarding cross-posting?

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 22, 2008 7:02 AM