cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BBPGETVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot seem to be able to replicate a range of vendors from R/3 to SRM 4.0. At first I thought the range has to be in sequential order, but found out that it does not need to be so. I tried replicating a few, saw that it worked so I tried again, but it didn't work the second time around.

In SLG1, I see the log entries for the first few that I tried, which shows the vendors were replicated successfully. However, there's no log for the second try so I cannot tell what happened.

Is there any other log/table I can go to check? I should be able to replicate the numbers even if they are not in sequential order, correct?

Thanks much.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. When you run BBPGETVD and press "start transfer" on the next screen is a button next to "number of vendors lost if you use external assignment".

If you press that button can you see the vendors that are not being replicated?

If so that means there is a problem with the number ranges, check the number range config in SRM to make sure the external range covers the numbers you have assigned in the backend.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no problem with RFC or the number ranges of the vendors.

It seems that there's a bug in the program in which it does not issue an error or write to the SLG1 log when it encounters a particular problem, in this case the tax code of the vendor.

Because the first vendor (the start of my number range) contains too many numbers in the tax code field, the program terminates without writing anything to the SLG1. If the range starts with a good vendor number, it'll go through the process replicating vendors. We found this out by debugging the program. I was able to replicate most of the vendors I needed. Some errored out due to various reasons, i.e. postal code.

Thanks to all for your replies.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the entries in VENMAP table for that paticular backend. In case if the same series of vendors exist here, you can delete those entries (since the GUIDs may be different) using transaction "BUPA_DEL"

Please award points for useful answers!!

Clarifications are welcome!!

Regards

Vinay Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check VENMAP VEN000 tables as mentioned at

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check you RFC connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is working fine.

Like I said, I just replicated 5 vendors and when I tried again with 10 vendors, it didn't work. Nothing was recorded in SLG1.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought,

Are you using R/3 nos for SRM vendors

and any of these vendor code already exist in SRM by chance

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally SLG1 is the log for vendor replication, if no log about your replication, ask some one from tech team to debug the program(this is simple program).

Yes you can replicate vendors not in sequential order.

Regards

Sreedhar Vetcha