cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone let me know, how could I unlock the repository. I have misplaced the logon credentials of one of the repository. I tried removing the password details in mds.ini and restart the repository, it is still asking for password, trying to enter Admin, still not recognizing.

Is there any setting that I need to change to reset the password of a respository.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

The password stored in mds.ini is the server password and does not apply to any repository.

If you misplaced credentials for all administrative accounts, only SAP Support can reset them. They may ask you to send an archive of the repository in question.

Just in case you have credentials for one repository user with administrative privileges, you should be able to log in as that user and change user passwords in the Users pane in the Console.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Simon.

I do have logon credentials to one of the repository, I can go to user's pane and just change user details pertaining to that repository, I do not have an issue here since I know the logon details.

The issue I have is the logon credentials I am trying to give to the repository that is coming out incorrect and I was wondering if there is a way to reset the logon details somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try editing the password for the repository in the MDS.ini file. Keep the password blank for the Admin user.

Take a bounce.

--- Reward Points if Usefule ---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

In what way are logon credentials incorrect? In what product are you trying to give them? How are they coming out incorrect?

You are talking about reset logon details. Is this Data Manager logon?

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

If you make any changes to the ini file,you have to restart the server for the changes to get in.

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did restart the server, that was a mis typo mentioning as repository.

I did restart the server.