Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy from independent SAP R/3 DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many greetings in the new Year to all.

I have one question regarding the client copy.

We have three system landscape, PRD (client 020), QTS (client 020) and DEV (client 010 and 020) with transport rotes appropriate. (SAP R/3 4.6C Oracle 9.2.0.5 HP-UX)

I have crated new SAP R/3 system TST only for test purposes, as homogenous system copy from the production PRD. Then something has been changed in the procurement strategy and now I need to copy the old "settings" from the TST client 020 into DEV client 010 for history purposes (SOX project - if someone has the same "problems").

Can someone help me? Can I make remote client copy with two systems that are independent, not conected with the transport route?

Can I only create RFC conection from TST (010) to DEV (020) and make remote client copy?

THANKS in advance.

Regards,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica,

yes you can do a remote copy of clients. never the less I would play it save and export the client to the OS level. This creates 3 files you can move arround and import into any other system you like. Please note that the systems should have the same patchlevel and also as far as I remember none of these methods are officially supported by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

What You mean by save and export the client? Client Export? I have never done client export? Can you please shortly explain the procedure? How much space on OS level do I need on the source server for the export?

Thanks in advance.

Many regards,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica:

The client export procedure performed through transaction SCC8 will actually export the source client and it will create several transport orders (up to 3) in your transport directory; depending on the size of the source client those files could be smaller or bigger.

I did this several times and as an average I get a total amount of 12GB for a client with an average in size of 100GB aprox.

Best Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS Federico,

First I will try with the remote client copy as a known procedure. Some other time I will for shure test the client export.

I've just created the RFC conection and scheduled the test run for resource check.

This weekend I have reserved the SAP systems only for the copy.

Have a nice day.

Bye,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica:

I wish you the best luck in your copy!

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Yes, you can create an RFC from the source SAP pointing to the target; also provide remote logon parameters in the RFC connection.

This should work.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

This will realy help me save the data in development client 010.

Next week I will try remote copy.

Best regards,

Ruzica