cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging process - Registration of Hierarchy ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks ,

In Manufacturing Division , When packaging the products the hierarchical data needs to be send to SAP AII ? What this meant for ?

1. How AII relates this hierarchy ?

- It cannot relate with any document right ?

2. What kind of message will go to SAP AII ?

Please clarify the above process.

Thanks.,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

consider an example...

in manufacturing company,

we have a 3 products...

book,phone and pencil.

everytime, we scan a a book,phone and pencil...it goes on....

by end of day we need to store it in a way,where we need to store in the way they get scanned...first in first out

i hope u got it...

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks But ,I really actually i am looking for , before packing operation in Distribution center which related to particular delivery order . In Manufacturing plant ( *Packaging operations * done right ? ) , How and why to store that Hierarchical informaton to SAP AII .

Before any order get placed , how to related those information in SAP AII ?

Thanks.,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your are concerned with executing packing process using SAP AII without a valid delivery order , right ?

If so, the questions is how to store packaging hierarchy into SAP AII and why ?.

Q. How ?

Ans.Since SAP AII stores packaging information against some document like Oubound Delivery doc , Outbound Ext Delivery doc etc.In your case you are recieving the Finished Goods from production line and needs to do the packing . For this you can define your own custom document type , which would contain packaging hierarchy information , thats it.

Q. Why

Ans .Suppose you have done a packing with the hierarchy items->Cases->Pallet.

When you get an Delivery Order , you can efficiently automate the outbound process by just scanning the Pallet rather than scanning the individual items or cases.

Edited by: Sridhar Maheswar on Nov 12, 2008 12:57 PM

Edited by: Sridhar Maheswar on Nov 12, 2008 12:58 PM