cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Error:Could not retrieve the source file for Port "Main"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a port which is blocked due to structural exceptions.When i try to connect to the Exceptions folder

"Main[Exceptions]" the import manager throws an error "Logon Error:Could not retrieve the source file for port "Main".

Any help greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The error usually come when the inbound properties and the import map are not defined properly.May be the file ur importing have some fields for which u have not define mapping properly.

Just see the repository logs ,there u can find the problem countered during import.Logs u can find in the MDM console ,under the admin section,reports.Just try to find the problem.

File size shd not be a issue.

Just check the inbound properties again.

Rgds

Ank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I see in the log file in the exceptions folder

These are the line I see almost to the end of the log file before they complete field mappings,value addings

<Failure ts="2008/07/22 00:10:48.326 GMT" tid="1286" entry-no="9114" operation="Create lookups" rc="0x80000001">Illegal value for parameter</Failure>

<Timer ts="2008/07/22 00:10:48.327 GMT" tid="1286" entry-no="9115" name="Import Lookup" total="0.040819">1</Timer>

<Trace ts="2008/07/22 00:10:48.327 GMT" tid="1286" entry-no="9116">Import of Lookup Failed.</Trace>

But when I open the same source xml file after downloading to my local folder from Exceptions Structural folder and load manually using IM i get the status as "Ready to import".

Any Help greatly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Yes the status will show the ready to import,but i guess when u will try to import the data ,some records will fail the import.Just try as the error eshows that both field and value mappings are not proper and the value conversion failed.

Just try to import.It will surely failed.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,the same file that went to exception folder when imported using IM was imported successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No,the same file that went to exception folder when imported using IM was imported successfully.

Firstly files are going to exceptional folder only because of some missing map fields or Values. As you said using Import Manager Data is imported Succesfully. So Firstly you have to Save this same map for you inbound port for which you send data succesfully using import Manager. Now once that is done

Go to Drive:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Distributions\IP_MSQL\Repo_Name\Inbound\Remote_system\Port_Code

Here delete all file under your log folder, status and Exceptions folder(ImportX,StructuralX,ValueX). After this try to import your file using Import server. It should work.

Note: your MDIS services should be running.

Hope this solve your Problem

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

There can be many reasons for it. First of all check the properties of your inbound port for the same like if you have assigned proper map to the port, format, File count, processing type.

If everything is right in the properties then check in the ports that which exception has occured: structural, value etc.

It may be possible that your source file has some values that import manager is failing to convert, you may have some different field name of different file name for the file in ready folder for inbound folder.

Please check these things once. If these things are fine then automatic import should work.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able lo load the file under Exceptions folder ,it says the above error.Any clue,why it is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I took the file from Exceptions folder and imported it manually without using the port options and there was no mapping errors and it was ready to import.Then why does MDIS sent that particular file to Exceptions when it was ready to be imported.the file size is around 300kb.Is size an issue?