Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java mapping and missing jars

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone ever done a java mapping with an external jar as part of the classpath.

I am getting an error msg that the class was not found when i can see the class in the jar. Jar is in the classpath also in the mapping pgm.jar.................

J2ee server was also bounced..

Any ideas as to why PI is not finding the class although its in the built jar file ?

Does it need to be added to the server classpath..?

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has this never been done..java mapping with custom jars..!!

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to use an external ja, you upload this as external definition into the same software component and namespace as the jar file with your Java mapping.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the section Search Path for Classes in Java Mapping Programs (Integration Server)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bd/c91241c738f423e10000000a155106/content.htm]

As Stefan said, you will have to import custom jar in imported archives.

Thanks,

Beena.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan,

This is the scenario..

Mapping Program.jar...Imported Archives that has the class that implements the execute..for the mapping.

In the mapping program i am referencing a jar..that for some reason is not found in the mapping...despite it being seen under imported archives....

Thats the issue...............as for importing it under external definitions..i don't think we can import a jar here, However since you had mentioned i did try and also specified the do not

extract, that did not fix the issue...

This is the error message...

Unable to find Resource

org/apache/commons/collections/map/MultiValueMap.class(namespace, -1) in the following software component versions id1, id2...

What do you suggest...

Regards

Ravi Raman

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fixed..........had to restart the server.

Regards

Ravi Raman