cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment status of build request not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I made some changes in the ESSper DC and ESSbank application with same activity label and I checked in and activated the request but those changes are not reflecting in the portal. I thought there was some problem occured while building the activity then again I created new one and activated it but got the same result.

Now again I created new one and this time I got rare message in the DTR console "Upload(Skipped:File was not changed since ..." and "Deployment status of build request --- not available". Problem which I traced out is all the activities are successfully checked into DTR but not able to build that in CBS.

Can you guys please suggest me to resolve this issue. I'm looking for your positive response.

Thanking you in advance,

Sandeep Bonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you said

Problem which I traced out is all the activities are successfully checked into DTR but not able to build that in CBS.

check CBS build log of your activities. If CBS build is failed that means your activities are not going to activate and not either going to deploy on server. you can see them in your activation view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't you read other people's replies? I posted the same answer before you...

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I drafted this reply when there was zero reply to this thread. but not posted immediatly.

and there is difference between our answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your activities are not built successfully, you should still see them in the Activation View of NWDS. Please recheck this. If the actually build successfully, check that the "Disable automatic deployment" checkbox is UNchecked in the runtime system definition of your track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

In the log file it is showing the "Succeeded" message but the changes are not reflecting in portal. Is there any option to remove the old activites from DTR and CBS so that I can get back to the version which worked earlier. If yes, please let me know the procedure.

Thanks,

Sandeep Bonam

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

You can check wheather your changes are done in dtr.

http://<hostname>:<port>/dtr.

one question is

ESSper DC and ESSbank are deployable projects? (i.e. they generate .ear, .sda file ) or they need some other application to deploy them like EAR application.(i.e your DC generates .jar file)

if later is case then you need to checkout that application also which deploys your DCs.

If your changes are reflected & your DCs are deployable DCs then there is problem of deployment from NWDI. Then check NWDi settings as Pascal said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

You are right, it is deployable project which inturns having .ear file, but when I'm building the project I'm getting the message "upload(skipped: fule was not changed...)". Today I deployed the ear file directly through SDM GUI hence it works and output was reflected in the portal. My concern is why it is not happening through NWDI.

As you said if the problem exists in NWDI then how could I resolve this issue. Please give your valuable suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep Bonam

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

before making any comment on NWDI. lets check few things.

1. did you checked the settings pascal said?

2. did you checked the DTR from IE?

as it is best way to see wheather your code in NWDS is same as that of in DTR. as NWDI used that dtr workspace to build .ear file of that project and deploy it on server.

3. and check deployment log on your development server.

you can check it in usr\sap\<name>\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program\log

check the deployment file of respective dates. may be NWDI tried to deploy it, but due to problem in development server it wont happen.

tell me what did you find.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

As Pascal said I checked Activation view it is showing the activity numbers in that, and coming to your questions

- I checked the DTR is having the same code as there in the NWDI

- log file is also showing the message "upload(skipped: file ...)"

What is the problem you are talking about with development server and can you please let me know why it is causing the deployment failures from NWDI.

Thanks,

Sandeep Bonam

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWDI also uses SDM to deploy DCs. so it is possible that when NWDI is trying to do deployment, some other user has blocked SDM.(using remote gui, somebody deploying from NWDS ).

at this time deployment from NWDI is get aborted. or if there is no response from server.i.e when both NWDI deployment and external deployment happend simultanously, at that time SDM goes into hang state. so nothing happens. same way anybody can restart SDM when NWDI is trying to do deployment.

these things happen at server(WAS) level. so you can check this in the log files of WAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

We are going in to another track, let's explain you the problem again. As I mentioned in the begining of this chain, I'm getting the following message when building the component and the same message is appearing in the log file too while deploying, "Upload(Skipped:File was not changed since ..." and "Deployment status of build request --- not available"

What might be the root to cause this issue while building and deploying. I already reimported and created new activity but the problem doesn't go off.

Thanks,

Sandeep Bonam

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

your rare message is at

DTR console "Upload(Skipped:File was not changed since ..."

this happens when we check out any file from DTR and without making any change we check in it into DTR

its not a wierd message. at the time of check in NWDI first see the name of files you checked out. then confirm the changes you made in that file, if the changes are there then this file is uploaded in DTR else if there is no change in file then that file won't get uploaded in DTR.

and

"Deployment status of build request --- not available"

This error comes when NWDI is failed to get feedback of deployment from runtime system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's about clearing cache of portal, reset aRFC connections pools and so on ... (a restart of portal helps in most cases to see your changes) !!!

NWDI works fine, no build errors, ...

And in response to your last reply: If nothing was changed (as the log tells), DTR hasn't anything to update, CBS has no changes to build and nothing will be deployed (SDM by default won't deploy anything which hasn't changed),

Regards,

Daniel