cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Add-in for AS ABAP ERP ECC 6.0 non-unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a AS ABAP ECC 6.0 NON-UNICODE system and i need to install Java add-in to the system without doing unicode conversion. The problem is that when i go to SAPinst:

Start SAPinst [page 90].

2. On the Welcome screen, choose <SAP system> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks Java Add-In for

ABAP <database> <system variant>

I have to use UC-Kernel even though my system is Non-unicode.

Is it mandatory to convert to unicode to be able to install Java add-in. I am doing this installation so i can configure Adobe Interactive Forms in the system.

All help will be apprieciated!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if ECC 6.0 non-unicode is supported by SAP. Regardless of yes or no, it is a good idea to go through the unicode conversion before adding / upgrading further.

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The J2EE instance will always be unicode. The installation process should create an addiitional subdirectory, 'uc', under the existing kernel path to store the unicode kernel. We have been through this process and OSS note 669902 describes additional settings that are needed for a non-Unicode ABAP instance being combined with Unicode J2EE add-on. You will need to maintain both kernel versions going forward.