cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop down list binding problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have a drop-down list in layout, in order to bind its text, I created a table in se16, then created a context node on mapping it to the table in component controller, windows and views. But in layout the attributes of context for binding were always in gray. How could it be that?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Change the cardinality and try. It will work .

If you are using drop down by index the cardinality shld be 0:n.

Regards,

Muneesh Gitta.

Edited by: Muneesh Gitta on Jul 23, 2008 2:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. Thanks for you!

hyun-soo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

First, check the drop down list box which is dropdownlistboxbykey or dropdownlistboxbyindex.

If you choose dropdownlistboxbykey, you have to make node which cardinality is 0..1 and make attribute.

And you should set 'value set' to attribute. Use 'set_attribute_value_set' method in if_wd_context_node_info.

Bind ui element to the attribute.

If you choose dropdownlistboxbyindex, you should make node whick cardinality is 0..n and make attribute.

And bind ui element to the attribute.

Soo..

hyun-soo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

First, check the drop down list box which is dropdownlistboxbykey or dropdownlistboxbyindex.

If you choose dropdownlistboxbykey, you have to make node which cardinality is 0..1 and make attribute.

And you should set 'value set' to attribute. Use 'set_attribute_value_set' method in if_wd_context_node_info.

Bind ui element to the attribute.

If you choose dropdownlistboxbyindex, you should make node whick cardinality is 0..n and make attribute.

And bind ui element to the attribute.

Soo..

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the Cardinality property of the Context Node to 0..n

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhi, but it doesn't work either. The selection property should be what?

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are in wrong track. There are so many good web dynpro examples are available. In your case, please look at the web dynpro component DEMO_UIEL_STD_SELECTION. This is having sample dropdown demos. Just run thsi application ad see whether this fulfils your requirement.

Thanks